Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

17 hours ago, Naitch said:

I'm quite probably in the minority but I'd quite like Rafa at Chelsea...

Bringing in Rafa after having Lampard dangled in front of them would be the ultimate troll move against Chelsea fans.

I've said it before, but I had more trouble with Rafa's apparent inability to chase games (unless the classic 85th minute right-back sub counts) - and his ridiculous refusal to criticise Suarez for taking a bite out of Bran because he was too busy sucking up to his old club - than for that obviously hypocritical/partisan remark about flags.

Also, it would be nice if we could stop repeating managers in general.

• Admin

Rafael Benítez has said he wanted to sign a new contract at Newcastle but did not as he felt the club did not share his vision.

The Champions League-winning coach left St James’ Park last week after three years in charge, which included winning the Championship and surviving for two years in the top flight.

Benítez said that although there were “challenging” times he did not regret his decision to move to Tyneside and the only reason he was not still there was a disagreement with those who run the club about how they should move forward.

“Thank you for three fantastic, exciting and, at times, challenging years,” Benítez, whose desire for greater investment in the squad was not shared by owner Mike Ashley, wrote in an open letter to fans.

“From winning the Championship, to our two seasons in the Premier League, fans, staff and players have all been united. I wanted to stay, but I didn’t just want to sign an extended contract, I wanted to be part of a project.

“Unfortunately it became increasingly clear to me that those at the top of the club did not share the same vision.

“I’m very sad about that, but I do not regret for one moment my decision to come to Tyneside and I’m very proud about what we achieved together. I will always have you in my heart.”

• Like 1

"Derby County Football Club has excused Frank Lampard from reporting back for pre-season training on Monday and Tuesday to allow his discussions regarding a potential move to Chelsea to be concluded as soon as possible.

"The first few days of pre-season training will be focused on fitness training and will continue as planned under the guidance of the fitness, medical, conditioning and sports science teams at the club’s Training Centre.

"On the assumption that Frank will reach an agreement with Chelsea to become their new manager, the club shall step up its efforts to find a replacement manager."

Club website

Given the speed with which Chelsea moves on all managerial matters, I expect Lamps to be officially confirmed in...ooh, four weeks? Maybe five.

Oh I don't blame him at all, but I have seen some suggesting he's doing this as a project to raise the profile of Chinese football rather than to give his retirement fund a big boost.

Rafa deserves a paycheck...

Then again I'm biased due to his time here and the amount of charity work his family do in the region. 

If he can go out there for a year, earn a paycheck and pretty much support his family for god knows how many years then I don't blame him in the slightest

2 hours ago, Baddar said:

I think it's fucking ludicrous that he's on 600k per week. No player is worth that.

You'll be paying Scott McToiminay that soon knowing your wage structure and contracts that have been given out 

42 minutes ago, Lineker said:

This stat ignores former-youth players (RLC etc.), then? :shifty:

It was pretty obvious he was never going to be in contention for the first-team when he spent three successive years on loan in the Turkish league, of all places.