Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

He had a good 4 month spell in early 2018 but has reverted to type since. I maybe wouldn't go quite as far but my mate describes him as a fraud, spends his games sauntering about pointing as his man walks past him, then plays the odd 70 yarder from central defence at which point he feels he's earned his money. A lot of our fans (generally not match goers) are taken in by him, but he's an utter liability.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Colly said:

He had a good 4 month spell in early 2018 but has reverted to type since. I maybe wouldn't go quite as far but my mate describes him as a fraud, spends his games sauntering about pointing as his man walks past him, then plays the odd 70 yarder from central defence at which point he feels he's earned his money. A lot of our fans (generally not match goers) are taken in by him, but he's an utter liability.

Pretty much a spot on summary of him. Same happened with us. I don't get the love in a certain section of fans give him whenever he returns to play at Anfield. He was largely frustrating whilst showing some glimpses of what he can do. 

Alisson is out of tomorrow's game with an injury.

Start the season with Adrian in goal.

Win the league with Adrian in goal. :shifty:

14 minutes ago, Hobo said:

Alisson is out of tomorrow's game with an injury.

Start the season with Adrian in goal.

Win the league with Adrian in goal. :shifty:

That little prick who wrote that letter is ruining our season. 

Henderson injured

Alisson injured

Unbeaten record gone

Out the FA Cup 

Beaten in the first leg by Atletico. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

It was a pretty weak nudge, think it would have been massively harsh to disallow the goal given the number of passes and amount of play after it. Gomez needs to be much stronger, and the rest of them just need to play rather than assuming VAR will save them.

Liverpool just need 3 more wins to win the league. It would be nice if it came very straight fowardly. It probably won't.

For ages on SSN, they've banged on about refs not using the pitchside monitors enough.

*ref uses pitchside monitor at St Mary's to hand out a red card*

Also SSN...

"You get the feeling games are still being refereed at Stockley Park, and that they're being told to give the red card"

Fuck off.

6 minutes ago, Baddar said:

For ages on SSN, they've banged on about refs not using the pitchside monitors enough.

*ref uses pitchside monitor at St Mary's to hand out a red card*

Also SSN...

"You get the feeling games are still being refereed at Stockley Park, and that they're being told to give the red card"

Fuck off.

I've not seen it yet, but again this feels like the actual reason VAR was brought in, obviously dodgy goals and dangerous tackles the ref used to miss (and the team playing gained no advantage after retrospective post match bans). Not dubious "offsides" and minor infringements 50 yards earlier.

Pundit 101 these days. That weird offside the other week when the ball went backwards ended up as a VAR rant when it was actually just that none of the pundits understood the offside rule.

You've seen me whinge about VAR many a time, but the idea of it is fine, the application is what annoys me.

Still never beat Jonathan Pearce not understanding goal line technology at the World Cup.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yeah, there's areas VAR can do better in. It seems like it's here to stay, but if it was scrapped altogether, the pundits who'd celebrate its removal would be whinging within a few weeks about obvious wrong decisions going against teams.