Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

5 hours ago, Adam said:

Callum Hudson-Odoi of Chelsea now confirmed to have coronavirus as well.

Surely football will not be happening this weekend.

Think you're forgetting that we are the mighty English! We won't let the sniffles ruin our beautiful game. We've won two world wars and one world cup!!l <_<

8 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Poor old Liverpool aren’t going to win the league officially...

:lol:

They'll never void the league or end the season early. Too much money at stake plus they would never get teams to agree to that especially ones in outside promotion/relegation spaces. 

Just get suspended till the summer 

Would it though? I feel like a lot of people are second guessing and seemingly implying they know more than some very qualified people. I'm not saying they should be off or on, but I do think this should be down to experts rather than talking heads. Or Talking Heads.

1 minute ago, Colly said:

Would it though? I feel like a lot of people are second guessing and seemingly implying they know more than some very qualified people. I'm not saying they should be off or on, but I do think this should be down to experts rather than talking heads. Or Talking Heads.

Have you not paid attention to politics over the last 4 years. We don't listen to experts...what do they know!

Well regardless of what the PL say today, Aston Villa vs. Chelsea surely won't be happening tomorrow.

Sky should fill the timeslot by replaying one of those matches where we put 7 or 8 goals past them. :shifty: 

I think it goes without question that games where players and coaches have confirmed or suspected cases shouldn't happen, and presumably also look at which other teams they've had contact with in the days before, but a blanket ban on all sport needs people who actually have a clue to get involved.

Premier League postponed until April 3rd.

EPL and FA both say they want to see the season completed.

Didn't even savescum. Heroes*.

*Unless a battling 1-1 with 10 men was the best result they could manage.

All of these options are ridiculous. You continue the season once the virus is over and delay next season. I'd imagine there'll be contractual issues if any players have them up in the summer, but better that than any of the above which are totally against the spirit of the competition.

• Like 3

None of those are ideal.

The middle one is best, but what does that mean for European spots? I take it either league positions now or last season's positions are taken, and clubs would argue that Europe/CL is a definite possibility with the games remaining.