NHL 2020

Toronto's a mess. Reminds me of when Washington went all-in at the start of Ovechkin's career but failed to address some serious needs. Both wound up being very top-heavy teams. Caps retooled by drafting well and signing players who performed above their salary. It's hard to duplicate, but Toronto is basically stuck in a spot where they need to duplicate it.

Colorado is a scary good team but part of me was hoping we'd play them. Our playoff history with Minnesota, even though it was a different Minnesota, I felt made that series more intense and I feel like the same would be true of Vancouver/Colorado.

Our history with St. Louis is not as notable and they haven't been playing superwell, so it's hard to predict what will happen in that series.

I could stomach about half the teams winning the Cup this year but the other half is a whole big bucket of NOPE from me.

Obviously my preference is Montreal and being healthy due to the layoff is helpful but they're nowhere near good enough for a playoff run. Shame that as an organization they're basically stuck in the cycle of perpetual mediocrity that is self-induced by managing to squander a core of Price, Subban, and Pacioretty in their primes.

Speaking of Patches, Vegas winning would be neat. Same goes for basically every team out west actually except for St. Louis (won last year) and of course Chicago. Apologies for my neutrality in the great Calgary-Vancouver blood feud, they're both fun to watch.

It would not shock me in the least to see most of the qualifying round teams advance over the top four seeds in each conference. They're playoff ready now, and the others really just haven't played any really intense and meaningful games. That the top seeds in each conference went 0-3 during the round robin should be worrisome for them.

I'm fully expecting both Calgary and Vancouver to advance, and am looking forward to a potential series between the teams.

7 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

Of course it's New York. Of course.

I mean they were bad enough they got Kaako, so they're not a great team.