NBA 2019-2020 Season

Pooker

With free agency set to begin tomorrow, I think it's time to start a new topic.

Kemba Walker is expected to sign with the Boston Celtics. So much for giving the Hornets a homedown discount.

Nikola Mirotic is expected to sign with Barcelona of the Euroleague. Did not see that one coming.

Warriors are going to give Klay Thompson a max contract, while Durant is taking meetings with the Knicks, Clippers, and Warriors.

Kawhi Leonard is also meeting with the Clippers, along with the Lakers and the Raptors.

Kyrie Irving is trying to get something done with the Nets.

Derrick Favors is going to open up free agency taking calls from whoever, although the Jazz have until July 6th to guarantee his contract or make him an unrestricted free agent. The Jazz are expected to meet with Bobby Portis in LA tomorrow. I'm sure the talks there will decide what we do with Favors.

Bunch of other rumors out there too but that covers a lot of them, I think. Should be a fun summer.

40 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

In another insane piece of news, Darren Collison is forgoing big contracts and has retired to spend the rest of his life in the service of god with the Jehova Witnesses.

I saw he was retiring yesterday but never read the article about why. That's actually pretty cool and something I can totally respect.

I'm only really getting to understand the NBA cap and roster construction but looking at where the Hornets are, giving Kemba a supermax is definitely not worth it to me.

They won't be competitive for the life of that contract anyway and it'll hamstring their ability to get assets and younger players while Kemba can still go. 

From a T-Wolves standpoint we're trying to find a trade victim partner for Andrew Wiggins which would free up the cap space needed for D'Lo Russell to sign and play with his buddy KAT. Sounds like a good turn of events if it happens, so I will instead expect that we somehow end up trading KAT to the Nets by mistake.

• Haha 1

Sad to see D'lo go after what he's given us the past two years but Kyrie coming to Brooklyn takes us to that next level that I wouldn't have expected to see happen so soon. Should be interesting to see where D'lo goes and how he develops after having a breakout All-Star season.

15 minutes ago, EddieG said:

Apparently, 40% of NBA players will go into the free agency pool this year, sounds mental.

It is. But something like only half the teams have more than ten million dollars in cap space. It's going to be an insane year. 

1 hour ago, TCO said:

I'm only really getting to understand the NBA cap and roster construction but looking at where the Hornets are, giving Kemba a supermax is definitely not worth it to me.

They won't be competitive for the life of that contract anyway and it'll hamstring their ability to get assets and younger players while Kemba can still go. 

I will never understand why any team would want to give any player a super max contract. It takes up so much cap space and would hinder any team on building a good team. And if they get hurt, (John Wall), you're screwed.

Apparently, the Jazz were set to offer Nikola Mirotic a three year deal worth $45 million but he is determined to make a major change and return to Europe. 

• Lineker changed the title to NBA 2019-2020 Season
53 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Who the hell gets mad at someone for signing with the Clippers?

For me, it's the fact that he would go there after winning a championship with Toronto. Like, I get wanting to play in LA and all that but...the Clippers? You're going to leave a championship caliper team to join a team that is no where close to a championship?

He was traded to Toronto and won a championship.

Kawhi's job is done there. Why would anyone begrudge him the chance to go play at home for a team of his choice? Man's personal life is important too.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TCO said:

He was traded to Toronto and won a championship.

Kawhi's job is done there. Why would anyone begrudge him the chance to go play at home for a team of his choice? Man's personal life is important too.

GM thinks of pro athletes as pieces of meat that should just do what they're told. I don't think he has, or ever will, see them as actual people. 

• Like 1