NBA 2019-2020 Season

Pooker

5 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Boston is trying to work a 3 way sign and trade

Boston gets: Kemba

Brooklyn gets: Kyrie

Charlotte gets: Rozier

I don't understand the point of this. It's just a money thing right?

Pretty much. In order to sign Kemba, they need to clear the cap space, which would include giving up the bird rights to Kyrie, plus having to waive Rozier. But, doing a sign and trade with Charlotte and Brooklyn, everybody gets what they want and it's under the cap.

Correct. It doesn't make much sense for Brooklyn. It would enable Boston to not only get Kemba, but still have enough room to re-sign Al Horford. So, Brooklyn would be getting a player that they are probably going to sign anyway, and they help out a division rival.

EDIT: Not sure that trade is going to happen, however. ESPN is reporting that Brooklyn is going to sign Kyrie Irving, Kevin Durant, and DeAndre Jordan tonight.

Edited by Pooker

Maybe. Durant is out for next year, he most likely won't be at 100% the year after that, so you're looking at nearly three years before this pays off. Durant and Jordan will both be 33, on the back end of their careers, Irving will probably wear out his welcome and want out if what happened in Cleveland and Boston is any indication. It's a good move in theory, but we will see how it pays off in three years.

I may be in the minority but I actually think Jarrett Allen would be a better option than Jordan, but I guess reputation and being KD's buddy counts for something.

Meanwhile Jimmy Butler looks very much like signing with the Heat, which will finally give the self-centred egomaniac the big fish in a small pond status he's been searching for since leaving Chicago. 

So much for Alonzo Mourning and Jeremy Lin being our top FA signings in Nets history! 😄

I could care less about Kyrie's past, he wanted to be here and wanted to play with KD and DeAndre so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he's on his best behavior. 

Still can't believe the Nets pulled this off. 

4 minutes ago, Chris2Kay said:

I may be in the minority but I actually think Jarrett Allen would be a better option than Jordan, but I guess reputation and being KD's buddy counts for something.

Meanwhile Jimmy Butler looks very much like signing with the Heat, which will finally give the self-centred egomaniac the big fish in a small pond status he's been searching for since leaving Chicago. 

Well he did come off the bench for Mitchell Robinson in NYK last season iirc. He'll be great to continue JA's growth. 

I'm just going to use this post to update stuff as I'll be following Woj's Twitter for a while. Official stuff in bold.

Fun fact, the #1 trend Worldwide is "NBA Free Agency". The #2 trend is "Knicks" which is just fans going into meltdown as, you know, they haven't signed anyone.

Kevin Durant has signed for the Brooklyn Nets, 4 years, $164 million

Kyrie Irving has signed for the Brookyln Nets, 4 years, $141 million

Kemba Walker has signed with the Boston Celtics, 4 years, $141 million

Khris Middleton has re-signed with the Milwaukee Bucks, 5 years, $178 million (largest contract for a 2nd round draft pick in history)

Klay Thompson has re-signed with the Golden State Warriors, 5 years, $190 million

Brook Lopez has re-signed with the Milwaukee Bucks, 4 years, $52 million

Harrison Barnes has re-signed with the Sacramento Kings, 4 years., $85 million

Derrick Rose has signed with the Detroit Pistons, 2 years, $15 million

Jonas Valanciunas has re-signed with the Memphis Grizzlies, 3 years, $45 million

Gerald Green has re-signed with the Houston Rockets, 1 year, unspecified amount

Kristaps Porzingis has re-signed with the Dallas Mavericks, 5 years, $158 million

JJ Redick has signed with the New Orleans Pelicans, 2 years, $26.5 million

Ricky Rubio has signed for the Phoenix Suns, 3 years, $51 million

Nikola Vucevic has re-signed with the Orland Magic, 4 years, $100 million

Dwight Powell has signed an extension with the Dallas Mavericks, 3 years, $33 milion

Terrence Ross has re-signed with the Orland Magic, 4 years, $54 million

Garrett Temple has signed for the Brooklyn Nets, 2 years, $10 milion

The EuroLeague's Nicolo Melli has signed for the New Orleans Pelicans, 2 years, $8 million

Al-Farouq Aminu has signed with the Orlando Magic, 3 years, $29 million

Damian Lillard has signed an extension with the Portland Trail Blazers

Ben Simmons is expected to sign an extension with the Philadelphia 76ers

Danuel House has re-signed with the Houston Rockets, 3 years, $11.1 million

Bojan Bogdanovic has signed with the Utah Jazz, 4 years, $73 million 

The Indiana Pacers have sent a first round and two second round picks to the Milwaukee Bucks to acquire Malcolm Brogdon, who has signed a 4 year, $85 million deal.

Jeremy Lamb has signed for the Indiana Pacers, 3 years, $31.5 million

Ricky Rubio has signed for the Phoenix Suns, 3 years, $51 million

Trevor Ariza has signed for the Sacramento Kings, 2 years, $25 million

Thaddeus Young has signed for the Chicago Bulls, 3 years, $41 million

Rudy Gay has re-signed with the San Antonio Spurs, 2 years, $32 million

Terry Rozier has agreed to a 3 year, $58 million sign-and-trade to from the Boston Celtics to the Charlotte Hornets.

Thomas Bryant has re-signed with the Washington Wizards, 3 years, $25 million

Rodney Hood has re-signed with the Portland Trail Blazers, 2 years, $16 million

Tobias Harris has re-signed with the Philadelphia 76ers, 5 years, $180 million

Mike Scott has re-signed with the Philadelphia 76ers, 2 years, $9.8 million

Nerlens Noel has re-signed with the Oklahoma City Thunder, details yet to be announced.

DeMarre Carroll has signed for the San Antonio Spurs, 2 years, £13 million

Julius Randle has signed with the New York Knicks, 3 years, $63 million

George Hill has re-signed with the Milwaukee Bucks, 3 years, $29 million

Taj Gibson has signed for the New York Knicks, 2 years, $20 million

The Philadelphia 76ers have signed and traded Jimmy Butler to the Miami Heat in exchange for Josh Richardson, with Kelly Olynyk and Derrick Jones Jr going to the Dallas Mavericks

Al Horford has signed for the Philadelphia 76ers, 4 years, $109 million

DeAndre Jordan has signed for the Brooklyn Nets, 4 years, $40 million.

Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant's contracts are less than the max to allow Jordan to fit in under the salary cap for $10 million per year

Ed Davis has signed for the Utah Jazz, 2 years, $10 million

Mike Muscala has signed for the Oklahoma City Thunder, details unknown

Mario Hezonjia has signed with the Portland Trail Blazers, 1 year, minimum salary

The Brooklyn Nets have signed and traded D'Angelo Russell to the Golden State Warriors, Andre Iguodala has been traded to the Memphis Grizzlies for draft picks to make room. Russell's contract 4 years, $117 million

Bobby Portis has signed with the New York Knicks, 2 years, $31 million

Patrick Beverley has re-signed with the Los Angeles Clippers, 3 years, $40 million

The Utah Jazz have traded Derrick Favors to the New Orleans Pelicans for 2021 and 2023 second round draft picks

Tomas Satoransky has signed with the Chicago Bulls, 3 years, $30 milion

Wayne Ellington has signed for the New York Knicks, 2 years, $16 million

Michael Carter-Williams has re-signed with the Orlando Magic, 1 year, minimum

Seth Curry has (re-)signed with the Dallas Mavericks, 4 years, $32 milion

The Miami Heat have traded Hassan Whiteside to the Portland Trail Blazers in exchange for Mo Harkless and Meyers Leonard

Austin Rivers has re-signed with the Houston Rockets, 2 years

Reggie Bullock has signed with the New York Knicks, 2 years, $21 million

Jamal Murray has signed a 5 year, $170 million max extension with the Denver Nuggets

Troy Daniels has signed with the Los Angeles Lakers, 1 year, $2.1 million

Elfrid Payton has signed with the New York Knicks, 2 years $16 million

Maxi Kleber has re-signed with the Dallas Mavericks, 4 years, $35 million

Enes Kanter has signed with the Boston Celtics, 2 years, $10 million

Ish Smith has signed with the Washington Wizards, 2 years, $12 million

Cory Joseph has signed with the Sacramento Kings, 3 years, $37 million

JJ Barea has re-signed with the Dallas Mavericks, 1 year, minimum

Richaun Holmes has signed with the Sacramento Kings, 2 years, $10 million

Frank Kaminsky has signed with the Phoenix Suns, 2 years, $10 million

Wesley Matthews has signed with the Milwaukee Bucks, details unknown

Edmond Sumner has signed with the Indiana Pacers, details unknown

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Maxx said:

Who the hell gets mad at someone for signing with the Clippers?

7 hours ago, Pooker said:

For me, it's the fact that he would go there after winning a championship with Toronto. Like, I get wanting to play in LA and all that but...the Clippers? You're going to leave a championship caliper team to join a team that is no where close to a championship?

This. The Clippers were a gutsy 8th seed, Kawhi makes them a gutsy 4. Kawhi to the Lakers is a chance for greatness. Kawhi to the Clippers is a chance for above averageness. It's a waste of everyone's time.

I joke, I hope I'm not that type of Laker fan. Obviously I hope he wears purple and gold, and I do think that they'd have a chance to be something truly great and a Pat Bev and Kawhi Clippers team isn't really a contender, imo, but if he signs there I'll be happy for them.

Lakers are clearly all in on Kawhi, though, seeing the other signings. 

Rubio to the Suns is a shocker. They need a point guard, so hopefully it will be good.

I'm happy the Jazz signed Bojan, he will fit in good but I'm sad that means the end of Favors in Utah. Hopefully he can go somewhere that will start him at center and he can finally be the player he's meant to be.

Knicks need to stop trying to get a marquee free agent to sign there and just build a good team. Get back into the playoffs and then try for a marquee player. Derrick Favors would be a great pick up for them this summer.

5 minutes ago, Trent Buschetta said:

They traded KP for cap space...AND THEY MISSED ON EVERYBODY!!!!!

Much as the Mets are utterly screwed under the Wilpons, the Knicks are screwed under Dolan.  There’s no cure for bad owners.

I don’t know how you deal with this with more than one sport. At least I have the Yanks to keep me sane.