Football Manager 2020

Lineker

Spoiler

7ReqXhr.png

h7vUPuY.png

a4QBfh5.png

I finished the first season with Swansea (turns out playing was more fun than writing) and won promotion from the Championship with 94 points! Leeds ran away with the league title, twelve points ahead and equalled the best points total in the Championship (106).

Borja Baston ended up being much better than in real life as he scored 32 league goals, and Wayne Routledge underwent a career renaissance at 35 years old with 14 goals.

...and now I'm pretty weak by Premier League standards and £40m for a transfer budget isn't as much as it used to be  : / 

Edited by Gorka

3 hours ago, Gorka said:
  Hide contents

7ReqXhr.png

h7vUPuY.png

a4QBfh5.png

I finished the first season with Swansea (turns out playing was more fun than writing) and won promotion from the Championship with 94 points! Leeds ran away with the league title, twelve points ahead and equalled the best points total in the Championship (106).

Borja Baston ended up being much better than in real life as he scored 32 league goals, and Wayne Routledge underwent a career renaissance at 35 years old with 14 goals.

...and now I'm pretty weak by Premier League standards and £40m for a transfer budget isn't as much as it used to be  : / 

A £40M transfer budget is where having Scandinavian players loaded comes in handy.

Does the newer FM games have that lovely tick that when you use up all your substitutions before the end of the match, you're inevitably going to have an injury?

I almost always keep a sub handy just in case, but in the rare times I use all three, it never fails that I end up with an injury just a few minutes afterward. 

15 minutes ago, Meacon say “Hi People!” said:

Does the newer FM games have that lovely tick that when you use up all your substitutions before the end of the match, you're inevitably going to have an injury?

I almost always keep a sub handy just in case, but in the rare times I use all three, it never fails that I end up with an injury just a few minutes afterward. 

Not as often as previous FM's I don't think but it still happens. I've found it more likely you get someone sent off after using your subs - especially a defender. Might be my imagination but I find first half injuries have increased.

I have seriously had this same conversation 4 or 5 times with Sunderland manager Jaap Stam:

Stam: "I'm unhappy that you're playing Timmy Abraham out of position while he's on loan with you."

Me: "I think you'll find I have been playing him in the correct position."

Stam: "Having checked, it seems you are right."

Get a grip, Jaap.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

The form is a little misleading since it includes the playoffs themselves - the last draw/loss for Walsall are the two semi legs against Plymouth.

(I think it was actually Plymouth who were in 3rd for most of the run-in, IIRC.)

We did have the best form though. If the season were a few games longer, we'd probably have finished 3rd.

15 hours ago, stokeriño said:

fm15.png

Well, that was unexpected.

Meanwhile, Liverpool secured the Premier League title with a 5-0 win over Everton. Ouch.

Clearly I didn't attend that playoff final

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RazorsEdge said:

Yay strikers other than pressing forwards should be viable to use!

I've almost exclusively used Advanced Forwards and it's been fine. :shifty:

But yay, one-on-one finishing that isn't always garbage! :wub: 

See a SIGNIFICANT increase in performance of the squad since the update.

I've been on a streak as of late but the now 5 games I've played (at the end of the season) have ended up 3 x 2-0, 1 x 2-1 and 1-1. In ALL of the games my strikers have scored from one-on-one positions. It feels....amazing...I've been relying on the midfield putting the ball in the net more than it should have considering the chances the Strikers get.

I'm kind of annoyed this update has happened during the off-season after I've been promoted. I will have no reliable comparison to immediately know whether my tactics have been scuppered or if my team's just too shit for League 1. :lol: 

• Haha 2

I won the championship last night with 103pts. Either Huddersfield or Barnsley(?) (can't remember the 3rd team) ended up like 10 points behind me. I was floating in 3rd/4th for the majority of the later stages of the league and I went on a tear at the end and they clearly fell behind.

With victory on our minds and an unexpected promotion after just one year.... we had the end of season talk and...the game is still broken.

Told the squad that i'd like us to 'try and avoid relegation'. Almost everyone is very upset by that and thinks we are aiming to high. Tell the lads 'okay, fair enough, I've heard what you said lets try not get stuck in a relegation dog-fight'..boo hiss...we don't agree cry the players....we think your aiming to high still, we should be aiming to avoid relegation...

Excuse...did I not just say that the first time....