Football Manager 2020

Lineker

4 minutes ago, SquareRootOfSi said:

I won the championship last night with 103pts. Either Huddersfield or Barnsley(?) (can't remember the 3rd team) ended up like 10 points behind me. I was floating in 3rd/4th for the majority of the later stages of the league and I went on a tear at the end and they clearly fell behind.

With victory on our minds and an unexpected promotion after just one year.... we had the end of season talk and...the game is still broken.

Told the squad that i'd like us to 'try and avoid relegation'. Almost everyone is very upset by that and thinks we are aiming to high. Tell the lads 'okay, fair enough, I've heard what you said lets try not get stuck in a relegation dog-fight'..boo hiss...we don't agree cry the players....we think your aiming to high still, we should be aiming to avoid relegation...

Excuse...did I not just say that the first time....

Have you tried to avoid relegation?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Meacon say “Hi People!” said:

Just avoid relegation, my friend.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Have you tried to avoid relegation?

I'm afraid I have to let both of you know, despite being longtime members of the team, there just isn't going to be room in the squad next year as we head into the premier league. I think it's best if we started looking for a new club for you..

First game post patch is a 3-1 away win, complete with my striker breaking his 10 hour goalless drought. Granted all 3 goals were set pieces and a shot from just inside the area so no shaking the one on one blues just yet but all good.

If anything, in the following few games, I'm not seeing many one on one highlights at all. Maybe that speaks more to my team or maybe that's the ultimate fix; they can't complain about seeing a bunch of wasted one on one highlights if you just don't give them the highlights.

image.png

A thing I find weird in this game is that it's not quite caught up to real life situations in some instances, like contracts. Like Haaland is just ridiculous, and he's scored over 100 goals in three seasons, probably closer to like 130 if anything, but he's only on £16k and won't sign a new contract because he apparently feels the squad 'isn't strong enough to match his ambitions' but he has like three years to run? 

Wouldn't it make sense, and better reflect reality, to be open negotiating a new deal with a substantially raised salary and trying to get some clauses in to his contract that would still allow him to leave or something? Cause it's ridiculous really that I can have him scoring 50 goals a season whilst earning less than half the wages of some players who aren't even first choice?

fm16.png

Listen, kid. I know technically your name is pronounced 'mim-na', but if you keep scoring winning goals like this I think you're just to have to get used to everyone pronouncing it Min-na. That second 'm' really throws off the song, otherwise.

It feels more fun to me than the last one I played...but that was FM17. :shifty:

fm17.png

"No, I don't think the risk of injury is strange. It's only [lists the vast majority of my squad] who are at high risk."

I may have to fire this guy.