Football Manager 2020

Lineker

I think you only get automatically sacked if you're relegated from the lowest league you have loaded, everything else is based on context.

I won automatic promotion from the Championship when the original aim was just making the play-offs, and so I was set with 'battling bravely against relegation' rather than 'avoid relegation'. So the board weren't phased and even offered me a contract extension despite getting relegated.

• Thanks 1

Semi-regular update on the net game I'm in.

League: Spursed.

Screenshot 2020-02-18 at 00.16.46.png

Too many draws. Was top for most of the season as well until the last few games :(

Operation This Shit Can't Happen Again: COMMENCED.

Screenshot 2020-02-18 at 00.10.33.png

(also asked the board try and sign Chiesa for me to which they have agreed, that is ongoing) (they initially refused to sign Havertz for me, which is probably fair)

You can see I was quite defence based with my signings. I made a pointless bid for Ederson just to see how much they'd want, not even intending to try and sign him. And they asked for only £61m? So I was on that shit. £30m now, £31m later? Yes please. Aurier is *hopefully* going to Cruzeiro, bizarrely.

Squad: a nonsense

Screenshot 2020-02-18 at 00.10.01.png

Really no excuses for not winning something at this point.

Money: SPENT. 

Screenshot 2020-02-18 at 00.32.37.png

Spending £627m in three windows is... that's a lot, isn't it?

• Like 1

Coventry invite me to an interview. Okay, sure. I don't really see them as a step up, but I'll see what they say.

Interview done... What's my next match? Oh, right - against Coventry. Thrash them 6-1 (4-0 up 15 minutes). Lol.

A few days later, Coventry come back to me and say...unsuccessful.

Me: "WHAT?! I mean, I didn't really want this job, but this is an insult! What kind of two-bit HACK have you morons decided would be a better manager than -"

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

Me: "...Heeeeeeeey, Mr. Akinfenwa. Uh, sir. Delighted to make your acquaintance. i can see they chose the best man for the job. I'll get out of your sight now."

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Have now been offered interviews (without applying) by Swansea, Sheff Wed, Cardiff, Wigan, Sunderland and Bristol City. Virtually the entire bottom half of the Championship, at this rate.

Not one of them actually went as far as to offer me a job, mind. They're just here to waste my time. <_<

• Sad 1

I always sign too many players in January, with all those contracts running out lol. Anyway, in 1st place and through in the Euro League in my first season with Feyenoord, going well. Bought Gosens from Atalanta for only 4 million, now I need teams to go after Haps. How do I get teams interested without offering them my players? 

Moving swiftly past the fact that that monstrosity is apparently roaming around my home town...

This is £16.99 on CDKeys at the moment, is there a catch?

I normally dip into a new FM every few years but really struggled to get into the last few. Could do with a football fix though and since Windows 10 won't run my favourite old FM games that I've still got lying around, I may have to turn back to present day. Are there any big differences in the gameplay between now and say, 3/4 years ago?

45 minutes ago, Adam said:

Moving swiftly past the fact that that monstrosity is apparently roaming around my home town...

This is £16.99 on CDKeys at the moment, is there a catch?

I normally dip into a new FM every few years but really struggled to get into the last few. Could do with a football fix though and since Windows 10 won't run my favourite old FM games that I've still got lying around, I may have to turn back to present day. Are there any big differences in the gameplay between now and say, 3/4 years ago?

The last version I bought was 2017 and I love this version. Loads of little features that you'll notice and like. Main thing is interaction with the team and the players on a personal level has much improved. There's a whole new screen now for team hieracrchy and cohesion as well as a development centre for loan players. Tactic creation seemed eaiser and more intuitive too. I'd 100% jump in at that price, coming from someone who always skips a few years!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So on average how many people do you all carry on your senior squad? When I carry 16-18, I get slammed with injuries and end up with only 3 or 4 guys on my bench. And if I carry 20+ I have everybody complaining about playing time. I try to have at least one back up for every position, but I’m curious if I should be rotating my U21’s in more than I am.

I tend to play in the Vanarama leagues if that makes any difference. I’m sure if I was a Man City I could just buy 40 people and never care about money or anything at all. But I’m on a shoestring budget so any cheap maneuvering is preferable.