Football Manager 2020

Lineker

7 hours ago, Gazz said:

It's really poor, it doesn't even look like football at times.

They should have known they had issues when last year, it was apparent that the most overpowered formation was 442. I played about 10 or 11 games on that save before I got bored last night, I think every game had a goal from a deep free kick put into the edge of the six yard box at the back post and tapped in unchallenged and every team I played against dropped off to the half way line before engaging a press. This is the Premier League, where every team bar one (Newcastle) presses high. I had 65% possession against Burnley and 23 shots, winning 3-0 despite Eduoard, my lone striker having six touches all game.

I still find that AM’s and lone strikers are mostly pointless. They don’t seem to add anything to the game, no matter what you try. 

It’s a result of them needing to bring out a new game every year. I’d much rather them release more of a data update out next year and spend longer perfecting the match engine. Feature wise, they’re almost as complete as you can get, they simply need to refine things. 

Another example would be the club vision, it’s a brilliant addition but it’s still too buggy. 

6 hours ago, Lineker said:

Magnificent.

Honestly, his tactical changes that were supposed to make the team concede goals showed incredible lack of vision. My old favourite is to stick every outfield player on the wings (DL, WBL, ML, etc.) and leave a yawning chasm down the centre of the pitch. :shifty: 

40 minutes ago, metalman said:

has this guy genuinely made 114 videos of himself playing FM? what the phoque

Just of that one save game I think too.

Some fun facts about this guy's YouTube channel the marketing tool extension I have on my browser. It estimates that his channel makes somewhere between $254 and $4.1k per month. His videos average 23,874 daily views, with just over 1 million views in the last 30 days and 31.2 million all-time views across ~1740 videos.

Edited by Naitch

On 03/04/2020 at 00:27, Liam Mk2 said:

I still find that AM’s and lone strikers are mostly pointless. They don’t seem to add anything to the game, no matter what you try. 

This is odd to me - I'm currently running away with the Championship as Brentford playing with an AM and a lone striker.

• Like 2

Hi all, I'm AFC Fylde researcher for SI so as you can imagine, spend a lot of time playing the game and just noticed this thread. I've put my Fylde game on the back burner for the moment, I'm currently over in the A-League with Melbourne Victory trying to resurrect their Finals Series hopes. With Fylde, I've been playing three at the back (due to the defenders not being that brilliant and needing to cover for each other) but I've switched over to a wide 4-1-2-3 as they have some decent wingers. Two games to go with Victory and we have a very narrow shot at the top six.

• Like 1

It is indeed my local team, I'm in Kirkham not far from the ground and have a season ticket at Mill Farm. It's quite a confused area, the football ground and its surroundings dominate but it's only a non-league club so not overly popular. There are such big clubs within a stones throw with massive histories. Throw in the unrest with fracking and an ageing population, its an odd place really. But I'm thankful to the club, I get a fair bit of access and a free copy of FM every year for doing the research so it all works out in the end.

16 hours ago, Charlie Tango said:

It is indeed my local team, I'm in Kirkham not far from the ground and have a season ticket at Mill Farm. It's quite a confused area, the football ground and its surroundings dominate but it's only a non-league club so not overly popular. There are such big clubs within a stones throw with massive histories. Throw in the unrest with fracking and an ageing population, its an odd place really. But I'm thankful to the club, I get a fair bit of access and a free copy of FM every year for doing the research so it all works out in the end.

I used to live in the area and went back last year. Seeing that stadium in the edge of Wrea Green of all places is utterly mad. Startlingly out of place.

Screenshot 2020-04-06 at 23.48.27.png

Will it finally be Spurs year? :o (probably not)

Amusingly, about an hour before this me, Arsenal and Chelsea were level on points at the top, and since then the lad who's Chelsea has lost three league games in a row (one to me (H), one to Man Utd, and one to Fulham) and he's fuming :lol:

8 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

since then the lad who's Chelsea has lost three league games in a row (one to me (H), one to Man Utd, and one to Fulham) and he's fuming :lol:

[INSERT CHELSEA MANAGER NAME HERE] OUT