Football Manager 2020

Lineker

18 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

Nuh uh, I get around to it eventually. Just takes me a while is all 😒

That is odd though, has that ever happened? If not, why now?

Nobody really seems to have a definitive answer at the moment. 

SI are very quiet about the whole thing and haven't commented. My main worry is that in future versions they either change all the club ID's so they no longer match previous logos or they somehow manage to make it un-moddable. Depending on how much/if any pressure is applied to them.

4 hours ago, Baddar said:

Juventus will be known as "Zebre" in FM 2020 unless you apply the real name fix.

Very disappointing, of all the nicknames the club has they could've used they didn't go with "The Girlfriend of Italy" or "The Killer Lady"!?

Rubbish.

On 18/11/2019 at 21:54, Lineker said:

Full version is out.

awww man, I've just like settled into my 6th Season as Cov boss in FM19. Feels like a real effort to go buy this and start all over again...I'll never have a normal sleep schedule again...

On 19/11/2019 at 09:48, Arjen Robben said:

I've somehow managed to haggle £18m out of Zenit for 31 year old Joel Robles on the decline. Who is a good goalkeeper on this that's affordable?

Oh, nevermind. He rejected them. Prick.

Who you playing as? Whats your budget/aspirations?

12 hours ago, SquareRootOfSi said:

awww man, I've just like settled into my 6th Season as Cov boss in FM19. Feels like a real effort to go buy this and start all over again...I'll never have a normal sleep schedule again...

Who you playing as? Whats your budget/aspirations?

I’m Betis, budget and aspirations kind of out the window, the sky’s the limit cause I’m three seasons in now and I’m tooooo damn good, baybay. Maybe. So other than someone who’s going to cost upwards of like £100m like an Alisson or Ederson I’m fairly flexible. But in any case, this Dani Martin backup keeper I have seems okay, worth giving a chance to have a run being the future number one anyway so I’m just sticking with Robles to transition to him and see how that goes.

A thing that always annoys me in this game is how it seems like other teams never have to pay as much as you in wages? I sold Lo Celso to Real Madrid for £80m after having him for a season and he was shit. Was initially annoyed he turned down the Spurs move for the £40m or whatever but it worked out in the end. Anyway, I tried to sign Houssem Aouar cause he was transfer listed by request and available for like £45m and he wanted £200k so I just thought fuck it and agreed to what he wanted, bonuses and all. Rejected me and signed for Arsenal on £120k? Cunt. Ended up getting Lucas Paqueta instead.

Have also got Camavinga coming in in the summer which I’m happy with. He was listed by request too and Bayern came in with an offer, I didn’t want to bring him in halfway through the season but didn’t want to miss out so I jumped in with a deal worth £59m and he signed for me :*) TAKE NOTE AOUAR YOU LITTLE CUNT. Not that I’m bitter or anything. Enjoy Arsenal. Again, cunt.

Got quite a formidable little side going. Defence could be stronger but I’m loyal to the lads. 

Think my squad is currently:

Joel Robles, Dani Martin

Sergino Dest, Emerson, Mouctar Diakhaby, Marc Bartra, Alfonso Pedraza, Maximilian Wober, Nikola Milenkovic, Jesus Vallejo

William Carvalho, Amadou Diawara (loan), Carles Alena (loan), Lucas Paqueta, Rober, Nabil Fekir, Marco Asensio, Pedrinho, Ansu Fati (loan)

Borja Iglesias, Matias Arezo

In that overly formatted mess, bolded are players already at Betis, italics are those that I’ve signed.

I‘ve had Diawara, Alena and Fati on loan for two seasons now. Wanted to sign Diawara permanently but didn’t want to pay Roma’s asking price so just loaned him again. He’s dropped off a bit this season though and with Camavinga coming in now I don’t think I’ll try to keep him. Will try to sign Alena, don’t think I’ll get Fati though, imagine Barcelona will want too much.

This has been the great Real Betis update absolutely nobody asked for.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

Got quite a formidable little side going. Defence could be stronger but I’m loyal to the lads. 

The biggest thing I struggle with EVERY damn season. Can't help but keep that 2 1/2* - 3* player who has been with me since the start and was a beast in the lower leagues...are they cut out for the premiere league? Absolutely not, but he's the team captain, he likes me and I don't pay him a fortune...why should I let him go :(

For keepers you could have a look at Nathan Trott - wonderkid in the previous game and if your 3 years in he should only be in his early 20's. (if not just 21) In my 19 game I was/am in the process of transitioning him in as 1st choice keeper at Cov (replacing 34 year old Jason Steele - who has been fairly solid btw) and he spent the 2nd half of a season (2 seasons ago) on loan at Liverpool (no idea why they wanted him on loan, he sat in their under 23's and apparently refused to concede goals) so it 'hints' he might be worth a punt.

I don't put a lot of stock in star ratings, I had a 2 1/2 star full back at Conference South level who was still getting 7.50+ ratings for the season in the Championship, when he was rated silver.

On 21/11/2019 at 21:56, SquareRootOfSi said:

The biggest thing I struggle with EVERY damn season. Can't help but keep that 2 1/2* - 3* player who has been with me since the start and was a beast in the lower leagues...are they cut out for the premiere league? Absolutely not, but he's the team captain, he likes me and I don't pay him a fortune...why should I let him go :(

For keepers you could have a look at Nathan Trott - wonderkid in the previous game and if your 3 years in he should only be in his early 20's. (if not just 21) In my 19 game I was/am in the process of transitioning him in as 1st choice keeper at Cov (replacing 34 year old Jason Steele - who has been fairly solid btw) and he spent the 2nd half of a season (2 seasons ago) on loan at Liverpool (no idea why they wanted him on loan, he sat in their under 23's and apparently refused to concede goals) so it 'hints' he might be worth a punt.

I had Jay Simpson as my main striker in a Leyton Orient save a few FM's ago from League 2 (with back to back promotions to the Championship) all the way up to the Premier League. He was probably the worst rated starting striker in the PL but he still did the job and got somewhere around 15 goals in my first PL season. I think after avoiding the drop I brought in a younger striker who took over from him but he still had impact as a sub.

Actually from memory my PL team had at least 3/4 players who were with me from League 2, granted a couple of those were Man Utd academy players who I continuously loaned until they wanted to join permanently, but still.

I wish they'd update the newgen names a bit. There's no 15 year olds running around today calling themselves Pat. In my anecdotal experience, in about 15 years time, every English professional footballer will be called Alfie, Archie or Jack.