Football Manager 2020

Lineker

What is the official metalman stance on body hair? Is it something you find yourself jelaous of other people for their ability to grow it, something you yourself cannot do due to the fact your body is made of metal? Do you attach donor hair in an attempt to compensate, or perhaps old carpet samples if you want to go to extreme levels?

• Like 1

• Admin
7 hours ago, Baddar said:

Is Zealand the American bloke who does stuff for FM Base? I've seen some of his videos giving tips on things. He's easy to watch/listen to.

Yes. He's just rebranded his channel from FM Base to Zealand.

I can't work out why, but I always seem to concede around half time and I have an annoying habit of conceding after scoring too. Is there something that causes this in FM or is it just one of those things?

I feel like I've got to grips with most aspects of the game after a five year jump but game management is seemingly not one of them.

37 minutes ago, Adam said:

I can't work out why, but I always seem to concede around half time and I have an annoying habit of conceding after scoring too. Is there something that causes this in FM or is it just one of those things?

I feel like I've got to grips with most aspects of the game after a five year jump but game management is seemingly not one of them.

I am nowhere near as experienced as some here, but I know that in the past 4 or 5 versions, if I score a goal, it's better not to react immediately by changing your mentality to go a bit more negative, either by changing that outright or just by going to a more conservative shape. It almost always comes back to bite me.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Adam said:

Try reading this article about touchline shouts, it may give you what you need.

https://footballmanagerstory.com/football-manager-touchline-shouts-guide-change-the-game/

• Thanks 1

Yeah so once you've opened the drop-down it gives you all the shouts, clicking on any of them applies it to the whole team. Or there's an arrow on each shout where you can then bring up your team and apply that shout to one or more individual players.

Starting to think I need to find employment soon. I spent the afternoon today making a spreadsheet of all my scouts, their relevant attributes, assignment and nation knowledge, complete with flags rather using boring old words to indicate what nation is what.

• Like 2

Every time I move countries, two things immediately happen.

1. I decide to try new tactics to fit who's already there and subsequently draw a lot of games.

2. I revert to 4-2-3-1 and buying players to suit it and lo and behold, games are won.

Anyway, long time no play, so quick GH update!

Barcelona are pissing the league because they've got Messi, Dybala, Bruno Fernandes, Griezmann and Salah as attacking options, with Ansu Fati coming through on the bench. Absurd.

Madrid are close behind, unbeaten besides getting smashed 4-0 in El Clasico. I don't play either until January because of the weird November World Cup. Somehow, I'm not Wales manager, so I must not have saved when I took the job last time. Oh well, loads of time to sort that since it's only 2022.

Munir spent the first few weeks injured but is now the top scorer in the league so far with 8. Asensio has tied his best scoring season already, he's been excellent so far but he's now crocked until post-World Cup. Only expected to get Top 4 so I'll gladly sacrifice a few league games for a cup run and a decent shot at the Europa League, if I can tick that off early that would be lovely.

PSG have gone from dominating to currently being 4th, and Juventus have slipped down a peg after throwing the league away to Inter last year. Plenty to keep my eye on abroad.

• Like 1

Weird thing I noticed in my game. Juventus finished second to Milan in the Serie A despite being on the same amount of points and having a +30 goal difference over Milan. Is it because Milan beat them on aggregate in their two games?

EDIT: Nevermind, it is, I just overlooked it in the rules page.