FIFA 20

Stevie B

#FixCareerMode is trending because of many game breaking bugs like AI playing their reserves against you and player stats drastically decreasing if you've made any kind of edit to their appearance. First patch won't include a fix for that mode either.

What a complete mess. More confirmation that UT has ruined FIFA. They would have known the game was launching with these issues, but don't care. Career should be the most important mode in the game, but that and the gameplay is now an afterthought.

2 hours ago, Baddar said:

#FixCareerMode is trending because of many game breaking bugs like AI playing their reserves against you and player stats drastically decreasing if you've made any kind of edit to their appearance. First patch won't include a fix for that mode either.

What a complete mess. More confirmation that UT has ruined FIFA. They would have known the game was launching with these issues, but don't care. Career should be the most important mode in the game, but that and the gameplay is now an afterthought.

This is why I've stopped bothering. Didn't buy last years, and the one before I played Career for about an hour before realising it was exactly the same as the previous year with a slightly different  colour scheme. It is embarrassing how little thought they've put into it for quite a number of years now, and other EA titles such as Madden have exactly the same problem.

• Admin

The company behind the Fifa video games says it is investigating why some players' personal information was exposed to other gamers.

Fans signing up for the new Fifa 20 Global Series found the online registration form was already filled in with other people's information.

Popular online gaming live-streamers were among those who had their details exposed.

EA Sports, which publishes the game, apologised for the mistake.

"Player privacy and security are of the utmost importance to us, and we deeply apologise that our players encountered this issue today," it said in a statement.

The error meant some players' email addresses and birth dates were exposed to other gamers filling in the registration form.

The problem affected about 1,600 people, EA Sports said.

The company said it had found the "root cause" and was confident that players would not see the same mistake again.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm liking Career Mode a lot better now that the patch has come out. Volta has been a fun exhibition as well.

I still refuse to do any of that Ultimate Team shit. I'll play general online stuff, but I think Ultimate Team is just stupid as hell.

Do any of you guys play online for PS 4 at all? Always looking to try my hand against some familiar foes.

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, metalman said:

I was thinking about that because I was back with parents over holidays and was looking for something to do. I decided to go with pro evo instead for a little change 

Literally in the exact same scenario! Opted for FM instead, just got all the logos and faces set up. Happy with my decision.

Fuck EA and fuck Ultimate Team!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Since I appear to be drifting dangerously close to the restart of my five-yearly "maybe I will play FIFA again" cycle, I was wondering...

Besides the in-game 'training', are there any good resources (I assume these would probably be YT videos) to help someone like myself who has NEVER EVER got to grips with any part of this game more refined than basic passing/shooting and the vague conception that messing with the R3 stick does fancy stuff somehow?

• 1 month later...