FIFA 20

Stevie B

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Baddar said:

Mason Greenwood's FIFA 21 face is...something.

EfZbbzWXsAUC4uq.jpeg

Do the masses even care about that? I know EA don't. Look at all the top players who look like shit. Users make better faces in photoshop in like 5 mins than EA do because they're not bothered.

It's all about that dopamine hit when you unpack a TOTW, super duper rares shiny Mason Greenwood card from a pack of digital cards you bought with Mommy's very real credit card.

On 14/08/2020 at 11:46, Baddar said:

EfZbbzWXsAUC4uq.jpeg

He looks like a guard from Oblivion.

It appeals to our predilections for collecting stuff, showing off what we've collected and gambling. Never really understood it myself, it's fun to create your own team but I've never understood the people who go mental or spend hundreds to get a Messi or Ronaldo that is freely available to use in every other mode of the game and is then obsolete in six months.

• Like 1

On 14/08/2020 at 23:09, Gazz said:

Nah, it's that 18 year old lad who played for Lazio who looked 78.

Just saw this. Joseph Minala? Totally forgot about him after his 15 minutes of fame (or 5  in Minala years).

Just checked, and he's now 23 and playing in China. Career coming to a close it seems. :shifty:

Also, I just noticed we share a birthday. What a legend!

On 14/08/2020 at 19:46, Baddar said:

EfZbbzWXsAUC4uq.jpeg

I’m fairly confident in saying that the new face scans and the like aren’t included this early. Certainly last year, they were only added a couple of patches after release, let alone in beta. To some extent, I’d understand if they didn’t have so many new ones this year - what with social distancing and that.

Beta plays alright in all fairness. But honestly, gameplay isn’t really my issue with FIFA 20 - it is probably the best thing about it. I’ll be waiting to see if 21 includes a tournament mode that actually works (honestly criminal that Fifa 20’s is still broken, and has never been addressed by EA). 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

I’m fairly confident in saying that the new face scans and the like aren’t included this early. Certainly last year, they were only added a couple of patches after release, let alone in beta. To some extent, I’d understand if they didn’t have so many new ones this year - what with social distancing and that.

Beta plays alright in all fairness. But honestly, gameplay isn’t really my issue with FIFA 20 - it is probably the best thing about it. I’ll be waiting to see if 21 includes a tournament mode that actually works (honestly criminal that Fifa 20’s is still broken, and has never been addressed by EA). 

That's just another excuse for EA being lazy. Every top player should have a face regardless of a scan. Here's Greenwood made by some random lad with nothing more than Photoshop and a google search. You can can download that for PES on PC

s35844115.jpg

EA are a billion dollar company and their shoddy product shouldn't be excused!

Also Saint-Maximin made by EA fr FIFA 20 vs Saint Maximin made by PES player for PES 2017

Saint-Maximin on Fifa 20 😂 : NUFC14540263.png

23 hours ago, TCO said:

That's just another excuse for EA being lazy. Every top player should have a face regardless of a scan. Here's Greenwood made by some random lad with nothing more than Photoshop and a google search. You can can download that for PES on PC

s35844115.jpg

EA are a billion dollar company and their shoddy product shouldn't be excused!

Also Saint-Maximin made by EA fr FIFA 20 vs Saint Maximin made by PES player for PES 2017

Saint-Maximin on Fifa 20 😂 : NUFC14540263.png

loosely related to that greenwood pic, but i find random guys just using photoshop make wayyyyyy better kits than the professionals on the big bucks at nike/adidas etc, for things like football manager etc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm playing FIFA 21, because you guys have more sense.

- Career mode has had updates! A new player development scheme, a top down sim view (think Football manager) if you want to just manage, and it fixes the issues 20 had.

- FUT is the same. I still enjoy it, not spending any money on it though. 

- The AI is... weird. I honestly can't remember if this was the same for previous games, but I play on Legendary and the AI is seemingly incapable of taking a few steps forward without doing some kind of skill move. I really wish I could defend against them better.

- Licences are starting to dwindle, Serie B has all but gone and Roma join Juventus in being PES exclusive. It really does irritate me, because in my eyes PES having one or two licenced teams among the fake ones makes it even more obvious that the rest are fake, and having two fake teams in the sea of real ones is just stupid.

Other than that it's pretty much the same. Volta is back, which apparently means someone cared about it last year. 

For those that care about licenses this might start to be pointing in PES's favour, because if you're a completist you can always download unofficial data files that make everything look good, but on FIFA you've got no option but to be stuck with fake Juventus and fake Roma.

I doubt I'll buy either this year, but last year I chose to buy PES because they had a far better range of international teams and the drawbacks with club licensing are easily dealt with. If I were getting a game this year I expect I would do the same.

• Like 2

I'm trying to resist getting it but for once in their lives they actually put some degree of effort in and made some changes to clubs. Like, being able to edit the name/look of your AI teammates that I feel like I've been asking for for years. Now it will forever be Rafa time!

• Like 2