EWR October 2019 Update

• Lineker featured and pinned this topic

I've been playing EWR 4.2 for 15 years, and I have never, ever seen anything like this. 

I was just editing some workers and staff, deleted the deceased ones, changed all the á's, ñ's, ù's and the like to normal letters, fiddled with some pictures and stats, when OUT OF NOWHERE a new game started with Narf Poit Wrestling, with a blank user name and a start date of December 1899. It didn't take any save slot either. After that, WDW and NPW appeared in the promotion list and clicking them enforced the usual error 383. Really strange, indeed. The whole database is now broken beyond repair. 

I will re-download the update and start fresh again tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, Fat Frog said:

I've been playing EWR 4.2 for 15 years, and I have never, ever seen anything like this. 

I was just editing some workers and staff, deleted the deceased ones, changed all the á's, ñ's, ù's and the like to normal letters, fiddled with some pictures and stats, when OUT OF NOWHERE a new game started with Narf Poit Wrestling, with a blank user name and a start date of December 1899. It didn't take any save slot either. After that, WDW and NPW appeared in the promotion list and clicking them enforced the usual error 383. Really strange, indeed. The whole database is now broken beyond repair.

Here I was thinking I was the only to change the accented letters. Just makes searches so much easier and it looks cleaner.

in regards to a broken database, you could try and remove them from the promo.dat file directly through a hex editor. Might clear up that error, especially if it’s in the promotions tab.

Paredyse could be removed as a worker & added to staff. He does production work for WWE now.

Paul London could also probably be moved to staff at this point. Hasn't had a match since December 2018 & has been working as an agent for Impact as of late.

AJ Kirsch should be moved to staff as well. He's had 4 matches since 2016 & was just signed by MLW to be an announcer most likly to replace Schiavone since I doubt he'll keep up with the schedule now since he's doing AEW every week & Cornette who is with the NWA now.

Add Doug Markham to the game as a referee for MLW. Birth info is August & 46. $11000 wages. 64 talent & 84 backstage.

Remove David Sahadi from Impact & add him to MLW.

Switch Scott D'Amore from road agent to writer,

On 04/10/2019 at 01:44, DoubleJ13 said:

Paredyse could be removed as a worker & added to staff. He does production work for WWE now.

Paul London could also probably be moved to staff at this point. Hasn't had a match since December 2018 & has been working as an agent for Impact as of late.

AJ Kirsch should be moved to staff as well. He's had 4 matches since 2016 & was just signed by MLW to be an announcer most likly to replace Schiavone since I doubt he'll keep up with the schedule now since he's doing AEW every week & Cornette who is with the NWA now.

Add Doug Markham to the game as a referee for MLW. Birth info is August & 46. $11000 wages. 64 talent & 84 backstage.

Remove David Sahadi from Impact & add him to MLW.

Switch Scott D'Amore from road agent to writer,

I think I'll wait on London since I typically wait a year and a half and he had a considerable about of matches in 2017/8.

Hey guys, just coming back to this game after a few years absence, thanks for the latest update but I am just wondering is their a recent picture, logo pack to use for these updates? Had a quick look but not sure what is best to download? Any guidance would be much appreciated!

12 hours ago, SENIOR87 said:

Hey guys, just coming back to this game after a few years absence, thanks for the latest update but I am just wondering is their a recent picture, logo pack to use for these updates? Had a quick look but not sure what is best to download? Any guidance would be much appreciated!

August and September had them in the full. This month I did a light update due to personal matters otherwise they normally do have pics, logos and banners.

56 minutes ago, TNPunk said:

Played two weeks as AEW and after the first or second week Dynamite is instantly dropped from TNT. Regardless of how good the show is.

Check to make sure your production is high enough for TNT and your risk level is low enough for TNT.

Remove Lana Austin from WWE

Tick announcer for Mickie James

Boa is 31 years old

Keith Lee is turning 35

Set Aleister Black's second finisher to Dark Ritual (Submission)

Set Angel Garza's second finisher to Springboard Moonsault (Ground)

Set Candice LeRae's first finisher to Springboard Moonsault (Ground)

Set Dakota Kai's first finisher to GTK (Impact)

Set Dana Brooke's first finisher to Senton Bomb (Top Rope)

Set Humberto Carrillo's first finisher to Aztec Press (Top Rope)

Set Ilja Dragunov's first finisher to Torpedo Moscow (Impact)

Set Io Shirai's second finisher to Harajuku Clutch (Submission)

Set Jake Atlas' second finisher to Lifting Double Arm DDT (Impact)

Set Jordan Devlin's second finisher to Devlinside (Impact)

Set Jordan Myles' first finisher to Midnight Star (Top Rope)

Set Keith Lee's first finisher to Limit Breaker (Impact)

Set Lio Rush's second finisher to Come Up (Impact)

Set Mansoor's first finisher to Lifting Rolling Cutter (Impact)

Set Mike Kanellis' first finsher to Smash Mouth (Impact)

Set Rhea Ripley's second finisher to Inverted Cloverleaf (Submission)

Set Seth Rollins' second finisher to Pedigree (Impact)

Set Tommaso Ciampa's second finisher to Willow's Belle (Impact)

Rename Breezeango to Breezango. Set their finisher to Fasion Faux Pas & raise their experience to 35.

Rename European Union to Imperium. Set their finisher to European Bomb.

• Like 1

On 21/10/2019 at 00:45, TNPunk said:

Played two weeks as AEW and after the first or second week Dynamite is instantly dropped from TNT. Regardless of how good the show is.

Apparently TNT wasn't dropped down from 85 or AEW was still only at 70. I like AEW but production wasn't THAT great so I just lowered the TNT demand. I also raised risk for TNT a bit too...

Point for clarification, did you check the levels or get any notes from the network about that? Usually the network will tell you to improve them after you run your first show...

On 21/10/2019 at 19:56, DoubleJ13 said:

Remove Lana Austin from WWE

Tick announcer for Mickie James

Boa is 31 years old

Keith Lee is turning 35

Set Aleister Black's second finisher to Dark Ritual (Submission)

Set Angel Garza's second finisher to Springboard Moonsault (Ground)

Set Candice LeRae's first finisher to Springboard Moonsault (Ground)

Set Dakota Kai's first finisher to GTK (Impact)

Set Dana Brooke's first finisher to Senton Bomb (Top Rope)

Set Humberto Carrillo's first finisher to Aztec Press (Top Rope)

Set Ilja Dragunov's first finisher to Torpedo Moscow (Impact)

Set Io Shirai's second finisher to Harajuku Clutch (Submission)

Set Jake Atlas' second finisher to Lifting Double Arm DDT (Impact)

Set Jordan Devlin's second finisher to Devlinside (Impact)

Set Jordan Myles' first finisher to Midnight Star (Top Rope)

Set Keith Lee's first finisher to Limit Breaker (Impact)

Set Lio Rush's second finisher to Come Up (Impact)

Set Mansoor's first finisher to Lifting Rolling Cutter (Impact)

Set Mike Kanellis' first finsher to Smash Mouth (Impact)

Set Rhea Ripley's second finisher to Inverted Cloverleaf (Submission)

Set Seth Rollins' second finisher to Pedigree (Impact)

Set Tommaso Ciampa's second finisher to Willow's Belle (Impact)

Rename Breezeango to Breezango. Set their finisher to Fasion Faux Pas & raise their experience to 35.

Rename European Union to Imperium. Set their finisher to European Bomb.

Everything is updated.

16 hours ago, TheMuFu4 said:

Kenny fought in AAA and is champ so can u make him not unsackable

First off, spoiler tags man... (AAA typically airs their twitch streams on their TV programming.)

Second off, that is fixed but as soon as Kenny loses it he will back to being unsackable since he is a VP.

Besides Shida, I trimmed AEW down to whom have been on regularly in AEW Dark or Dynamite shows to this point. This includes To Lindaman sadly...😪