Euro 2020(1)

Lineker

5 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

The Italian staff suits...beautiful

I thought Mancini was off to boarding school when I saw it. Awful.

4 hours ago, Gorka said:

I have no idea how to work out Turkey.

Tipped as dark horses, best defence in qualifying (did have a group containing Albania, Moldova and Andorra though), beat the Dutch in impressive fashion.

But also conceded three to Latvia and were relegated to the third tier of the Nations League...

Yeah, Turkey come across as wholly weak. Italy's inclusion of Chiellini has silenced any critics, he played a huge role, especially in the first half.

Turkey seem to have no killer instinct, a weak goalkeeper and were working to break on the counter to a not-that-impressive Italian side.

Pretty meh way to start the tournament to be honest.

Turkey plays depending on their mood. 
Yes they beat Norway
Yes they beat the Netherlands
But around that time they also lost to Hungary and had games against Croatia and Latvia where (as Gorka pointed out) they conceded 3 goals in each

• Like 1

I know that Yilmaz is coming off an incredible season at Lille, but in a match with Chiellini and Bonucci as the opposing CBs, having an equally slow ST in the XI was exactly what Italy wanted. Turkey had no one to spread the field, although it's not like they really tried much to attack anyways. Made it way too easy for Italy yesterday. 

Can someone explain to me why Joe Morrell is a starter in this team? He seems to just do exactly what Joe Allen does whilst stood next to him, and they've got Ampadu on the bench. He's also barely played all season for Luton, whereas Matt Smith isn't even on the bench yet had a really good season playing every week at Doncaster.

Wales need to get on the ball more. If Bale only has it 5 times in a half you're not going to create much for the big man up top.