Euro 2020(1)

Lineker

Anyone up for a sweepstake? Couple of quid each for two teams.

Also, I just noticed something...

If England piss their group they will play 2nd in group F (Portugal, France, Germany potentially)

But if they come 2nd, they'll face 2nd in Spain's group, considerably easier you'd have thought. 

For the people who don't want to sit through a pointless 100 second video

Henderson, Johnstone, Pickford

Alexander-Arnold, Chilwell, Coady, James, Maguire, Mings, Shaw ,Stones, Trippier, Walker

Bellingham, Henderson, Mount, Phillips, Rice

Calvert-Lewin, Foden, Grealish, Kane, Rashford, Saka, Sancho, Sterling

Cut: Ramsdale, Godfrey, White, Lingard, Ward-Prowse, Watkins, Greenwood

I think a lot of that was paper talk because he'd missed one or two squads, absolute nonsense being spouted alternately about how his 'international career was over' or how he'd 'rescued his international career' with a bit of form. Absolute bollocks, the lot of it.

• Like 3

"Basically they are in the best 26 footballers and that is why they are in the squad. If I could have picked five or six right-backs I would have done."

Waiting for someone on Football Manager-tube to run with this and simulate the Euros with an England squad full of right backs.

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

Wasn't there talk Trent was being cut?

Yeah, then Gareth's balls fell off and he bowed to pressure to keep him, whilst also not dropping any of his favourites.

Which means we're going into a tournament where at some point or another we're going to be playing 3 at the back with 4 centre backs. I'm sure that'll go well.

1 hour ago, MadJack said:

Yeah, then Gareth's balls fell off and he bowed to pressure to keep him, whilst also not dropping any of his favourites.

Which means we're going into a tournament where at some point or another we're going to be playing 3 at the back with 4 centre backs. I'm sure that'll go well.

I mean why would you not want one of the best crossers in the Prem, probably your best set piece taker and one of the best attacking full backs in world football in your squad. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

I mean why would you not want one of the best crossers in the Prem, probably your best set piece taker and one of the best attacking full backs in world football in your squad. 

I agree! It's why I would've taken Trent and dropped one of the other three.

Although JWP is 100% the best set piece taker.