Euro 2020(1)

Lineker

2 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Nah, Calhanoglu might be the best in the world right now (plus there's that Ronaldo fella'). 

JWP scored 4 free kicks this season, Calhanoglu has scored 4 in his whole Milan career 😕

• Haha 2

my team is playing at home for all three games. Not bad. Even if we are supposed to be the away team against Russia in the third game. Russia is also that team i have the least knowledge about. 

4 minutes ago, Colly said:

The fewer tories pretending to enjoy football the better.

Who's pretending? I'll have you know they all love Aston Ham.

23 hours ago, damshow said:

Denmark have the look of one of those very tough teams to play between being at home for the group stages and being built to grind out group stage victories. I don't anticipate the most flowing, exciting matches with them but I do expect one goal to decide their matches.

as Mads Mikkelsen would say in the carlsberg commercials: "Probably"
The national team haven't really had a prolific goal scorer up front since *sigh* Lord Bendtner. 
Christian Eriksen scores on occasion. But a player like Yussuf Poulsen is usually played on the wing. So is Martin Braithwaite (who did score today against bosnia). But of those strikers picked for the tournament, only Jonas Wind (Copenhagen) have produced more than ten goals this season. And 9 of his 15 were from the penalty spot.

1 hour ago, Gorka said:

Is there any EWB fantasy football league for me to pay attention to for three days and no more?

How about a sweepstake? Random draw!

24 x £5 = 120

Winner: £70
2nd: £30
3rd: £10
Whoever knocks out England: £10

Sound? Sound. :)

• Admin

Ben White is the replacement in the squad for Trent.

Spain’s preparations for the European Championship have been thrown into chaos after Sergio Busquets tested positive for Covid-19 on Sunday morning, forcing the entire squad to go into isolation and to pull out of their final warm-up game against Lithuania on Tuesday night.

Yeah, I quite enjoy The Athletic.