Formula One 2020

Lineker

Interlagos would be a big loss if they can't come to some sort of agreement, especially with another street circuit being added to the calendar for next year in Saudi Arabia.  Nothing against the street circuits but I think this year has proven how exciting the old school style race tracks are compared to the newer street and purpose built tracks.  

One or two street circuits are fine but having almost a third of the calendar on street circuits next year is going to be a bit of a turn off for the average viewer.  

Interlagos is one of my all-time favourite tracks so I'm sad to see it go. It's safe to say that if there was a Brazilian on the grid, or even close to being there, there wouldn't be even a consideration to not having a race in Brazil.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chris2K said:

Interlagos is one of my all-time favourite tracks so I'm sad to see it go. It's safe to say that if there was a Brazilian on the grid, or even close to being there, there wouldn't be even a consideration to not having a race in Brazil.

Aren’t they tearing down the rainforest to build a new track? I think the intent is for Brazil to still have a race.

Russell and Latifi confirmed for Williams, and if we assume that Schumacher and Mazapin are Haas-bound, it's just the one Red Bull and one Alpha Tauri seat left. Oh, and Lewis' Mercedes seat.

Assuming Hulk and Perez won't go to Alpha Tauri, it's between them and Albon for the Red Bull seat, and between Tsunoda, Kyvat and potentially Albon for AT.

So it's looking increasingly likely that Perez is not going to have a seat by the looks of it, unless he shows up at Hass, or gets the Red Bull seat.

If he misses out because he was dumped for Vettel at Racing Point, what an utter joke that would be.

10 hours ago, Lineker said:

I don't see a scenario currently where Red Bull retain Albon.

I think Albon lost his seat the moment he complained the Alpha Tauri ‘race him so hard’.

Given the gap between the Mercs and everyone else, and how narrow the track is, I'm not holding high hopes for a good race tomorrow.

Hey, Lewis just said the same thing, other than complaining about how far ahead the Mercedes are.

Some big oofs in there.

I bet the conspiracy theories have already started on that VSC.

Stroll achieves nothing again and nearly kills a pit crew member to top it off. Perez was in line for a podium then an awful position has him lose it. Raikkonen drives amazingly again and this time is rewarded with a couple of points for it.

It was hard watching Russell. He knew he messed up, and he was absolutely gut wrenched by it. The guy is going to be a star and I think even though mistakes like this happen, Williams will forgive him pretty quickly. Poor guy.

If Perez ends up with no drive next year they should just shut F1 down.