The 2020 Music Thread

Roster Depth Sicko No. 2

Jason DeMarco (founder of Williams Street Records) has a copy of RTJ4. :angry:

(He's also responsible for El-P and Killer Mike meeting in the first place, apparently)

It's really good. I listened to it for the first time today and then started on a second while reading a book, and I had to stop reading the book for a bit because I realized I was listening to the lyrics and couldn't focus.

• Like 1

I’ve never knowingly listened to Fiona Apple and I don’t even know what type of music she does. All I really know is she did that album with the really long title which I’ve got to admit put me off her a bit.

But this has got amazing reviews pretty much everywhere I’ve looked so I’ll have to give it a try.

58 minutes ago, GoGo Yubari said:

It's really good. I listened to it for the first time today and then started on a second while reading a book, and I had to stop reading the book for a bit because I realized I was listening to the lyrics and couldn't focus.

On first listen, the first track made me cry. Very overwhelming. 

Matthew Seligman passed away. Bassist mostly known for his work with Thomas Dolby, the Thompson Twins, and being a session bassist for the likes of David Bowie (he was Bowie's bassist for his Live Aid '85 performance) and Morrissey. 

RTJ4's not got a release date yet because, according to El-P, they're trying to get sample clearance for one song and it's taking forever. :(

6 minutes ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

RTJ4's not got a release date yet because, according to El-P, they're trying to get sample clearance for one song and it's taking forever. :(

If you need something to satisfy your rap duo fix in the meantime, may I interest you in some Earthgang? I'm in looove with the first two installments of their video collaboration with Strangeloop:

• 2 weeks later...

Can I just mentioned how pissed off I'm getting that Journey hasn't said a word about their tour this year? Its supposed to start in two weeks, I'm supposed to see them in three weeks, and everybody knows its going to get canceled or postponed but the band has yet to say any word about it. Started to lose some respect for them.

Def Leppard and Motley Crue are due to start touring on June 18th, have yet to cancel the tour, and are announcing their "tour plan" on June 1st. 

Also, RATM pushed all their dates back to 2021. You can either hold on to your ticket and it'll be honored at a 2021 date, or the band is instructing ticketing outlets to give refunds when asked.

10 hours ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

Also, RATM pushed all their dates back to 2021. You can either hold on to your ticket and it'll be honored at a 2021 date, or the band is instructing ticketing outlets to give refunds when asked.

Yeah I got tix for it awhile ago. Figured it was coming but still disappointed. I'm going to hold onto my tix though.