The 2020 Music Thread

Roster Depth Sicko No. 2

oh shit I completely missed that Jeff Rosenstock but out a new album! same thing happened with AJJ earlier this year.

I'm really enjoying Bad Move's Untenable but that just came out the other day so I need to let it sit a bit before I'd call it one of the best.

We Are Sent Here By History by Shabaka and the Ancestors is real good. I'm not generally much of an electronica person but I've been going back to Não Fales Nela Que A Mentes by Nidia quite a bit.

Waxahatchee's new album is probably up there too.

In terms of rap, probably either Freddie Gibb's Alfredo or Westside Gunn's Pray for Paris.

oooh and to echo metalman, Suite for Max Brown is real good.

Edited by LittleDaniel

New King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard track out: 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Stand Atlantic album was great. New Biffy Clyro and State Champs tomorrow, which should be a good Friday for me.

Also, Linkin Park have announced a deluxe box set to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Hybrid Theory which gets you the album, the Re-animation remix album, an album of B-Sides, an album of LP Underground exclusive tracks, an album of demos; the Hybrid Theory and Re-animation albums on vinyl alongside the original Hybrid Theory EP on vinyl (first release!); three live DVDs, and a load of extra artwork and photo book stuff. It's £155 for the big bundle, and whilst one half of me is put off by the price, a bigger part of me is screaming WANT.

• Like 1

I disagree entirely, but fair enough. I honestly see them as one of the most consistent bands around, pre Puzzle is hit and miss but I don't think they've made a bad album yet. I even like the less soundtracky bits of Balance, Not Symmetry. 

18 hours ago, Jericode said:

Stand Atlantic album was great. New Biffy Clyro and State Champs tomorrow, which should be a good Friday for me.

Also, Linkin Park have announced a deluxe box set to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Hybrid Theory which gets you the album, the Re-animation remix album, an album of B-Sides, an album of LP Underground exclusive tracks, an album of demos; the Hybrid Theory and Re-animation albums on vinyl alongside the original Hybrid Theory EP on vinyl (first release!); three live DVDs, and a load of extra artwork and photo book stuff. It's £155 for the big bundle, and whilst one half of me is put off by the price, a bigger part of me is screaming WANT.

Linkin Park was the first band I ever got *really* into - even joined LP Underground for a little bit, eventually getting the Hybrid Theory EP on CD, which was a big get back then. I've heard literally all of these rarities and b-sides and demos, and there's still quite a bit that's not being officially released, but the vinyls look gorgeous, and I've been getting back into physical media as of late, so having the debut album, (IMO) one of the best remix albums ever, their first EP, etc etc and those DVDs... yeah, I'm in. Already pre-ordered.

I really hope they do the same thing in a few years for Meteora. At the time I hated that album for being too similar to Hybrid Theory, but over time I've grown to appreciate it.

Their best album is still Minutes to Midnight, tho.