David Beckham's MLS 2020

Szumi

52 minutes ago, LL. said:

How bold a claim to make of a club that just started playing. It's a good thing David Beckham doesn't listen to such dribble. 

He was an excellent dribbler of the football though.

Great at shooting, passing and set pieces too. And a true leader.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Inter Miami's Beckhams are also the front runners to land Gonzalo Higauin, because only a club with such history and prestige could land one of the greatest strikers to play in Serie A this past decade.

I also would imagine he will be lethal in MLS because his game has never been overly about speed or strength anyways, and he's still a good poacher.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Adam said:

He was an excellent dribbler of the football though.

Great at shooting, passing and set pieces too. And a true leader.

The 23rd best player on any given pitch.

5 minutes ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

The Inter Miami's Beckhams are also the front runners to land Gonzalo Higauin, because only a club with such history and prestige could land one of the greatest strikers to play in Serie A this past decade.

So they could lose out to a pick up team then?

2 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

Remind me, which team set a record for worst starting performance in MLS history again?

How convenient to ignore the big ol' asterisk that comes with that stat. But no you're right it should only take about a handful of matches or so to determine what the worst club in any region would be historically.

An exclusive look into the Inter Miami board (which, I've learned, includes the CEO of WeWork, because of course it does) as they plan for the future

And still sharing the sewer with Chicago.

1 minute ago, Jericode said:

Generous of them to share, what a giving club.

Well, it's only natural that they bond with the only other team that loses more than the Washington Generals.

Imagine implying you can catch up to the top position when you've won as many games as they've conceded goals.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

More significantly, they're only 5 pts back of a playoffs spot.

See, that's a fair point. On the other hand, if MLS does a logical second phase (granted, this a fairly large if, this is US pro footy we're talking about), Inter Miami will be going up against teams in much stronger form. It's not impossible, but the math (both Steiner and traditional) isn't on their side.

...Plus we all know I'm going to shit on Inter no matter what they do. Except social justice stuff of course, cause, well, things like the walkout, that's just plain the right thing to do.

Just now, OctoberRaven said:

..Plus we all know I'm going to shit on Inter no matter what they do.

You'll be an adult one day, chap. 

Let's celebrate David Beckham bringing in Gonzalo Higuain! A man that will make us better and ⁩recognized the true potential of this team!