Yeah well her neck isn't long enough for her turtleneck sweater. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beckham would never have punted those dogs. He'd have carefully and skilfully guided them into the top corner.

Inter Miami don't need to build a stadium in Miami, they can just play in all that space they've got rent free in OctoberRaven's head.

Are you telling me the British press has lied to me?

Posted Images

Inter Miami will be without the Higuain brothers and Leandro Gonzalez Pirez for COVID reasons.

also holy shit, what an insane stretch of stoppage time in this Revs/Impact game that's ended with a great goal for the Revs in the last thirty seconds to put them through.

Yeah, that was a great hit by Bou.

I definitely was expecting Miami to win tonight, before COVID just took away their most important player, plus the Higuain brothers. However, Miami are still in with a shout here. They have a lot of MLS hands who can do a job, Pizarro can still create magic, and well, Nashville aren't very good either. They're also the Burnley/Stoke of MLS with how awful Gary Smith's teams play.

Yeah, Nashville isn't a compelling team but Gary Smith's won an MLS Cup this way before (admittedly in an era of MLS where there was way less talent on the field) and, uh, it definitely doesn't look like Miami's gonna be the team to stop him tonight.

Yeah, Miami are playing every bit like the side ORO loves to wank to. They've been a clear second best, didn't come out in the right shape at all, and have had Pizarro and Morgan both in areas where they cannot affect the match at all.

While Leal's goal was better than Bou's (timing of it not counting), I will say the Nashville penalty was incredibly soft and I don't think should've been given. It was very much player purposely going into keeper than keeper to attacker, for me

So I've just turned on midway through a penalty shootout between New York City and Orlando City... The Orlando goalkeeper has been sent off half way through the shootout and all sorts of other confusion. Amazing scenes.

The tiny keeper makes the save and Orlando go through!

Edited by lanky316

This thread has a good breakdown of what exactly happened during that shootout. Truly crazy stuff, even for MLS:

52 minutes ago, GoGo Yubari said:

This thread has a good breakdown of what exactly happened during that shootout. Truly crazy stuff, even for MLS:

Holy fuck. 

4 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

I saw when checking the match statistics that Orlando's keeper got a red in the 129th minute and I was like "how the absolute fuck?"

Tim Melia now has a 58% success rate for stopping penalties after shutting out the Quakes today. Jeeeeeez.

also the Timbers are out. A good day.

A former intern at New York City FC says she was sexually harassed by David Villa, and the club failed to take her complaints seriously.

Skyler Badillo came into contact with the former Barcelona and Spain striker while working with the MLS club’s training staff as part of her college degree.

Badillo, who was 20 when she joined the team, says Villa told her repeatedly that he loved her and touched her inappropriately. She says Villa, who played for NYC FC from 2014 to 2018, also offered her alcohol when she was under the legal drinking age.

“He started asking me what kind of alcohol I drink, which … I was 20 years old at the time,” she told The Athletic in a lengthy interview published on Monday. “I was like ‘I don’t really drink.’ He was asking ‘well, what kind of alcohol should I buy’ so that I would come to his apartment for a party. I looked at [NYC FC assistant trainer] Melvyn [Pamplona] and said ‘I don’t think this is a good conversation to be having,’ sort of hoping that he would help me out. And his response was just [to say] ‘well it was just a question.’”

A spokesperson for Villa told The Athletic that Badillo’s allegations are “untrue”.

“While David has never faced this type of issue before, he appreciates the seriousness of this matter and believes it is important to encourage people to speak out about their concerns,” said the spokesperson. “When David first learned of this situation two years after he had already left the team, he fully cooperated with the investigation and as he has said from the beginning – any allegations of inappropriate behavior are untrue.”

Badillo first made the allegations on her personal Twitter account in the summer. She says she received abuse for those claims, with some saying her encounters with Villa were merely a case of cultural misunderstanding.

“I’ve been to Spain, I’ve been to a lot of other countries. I’m Puerto Rican. They kiss on the cheek, they hug. That’s not the same thing,” Badillo told The Athletic. “I had athletes who kissed me on the cheek every morning because they asked if that was OK. And that was fine. The insinuation that I just don’t understand cultural barriers is weird, because I think my first year there we had athletes from 14 different countries. I don’t know how and why it would only be one athlete I had an issue with.”

Badillo says that while many of the staff and players at NYC FC were supportive of her, others did not take her claims seriously. In another incident, she was groped by an older man in the team’s press box. She says two members of club staff laughed when she told them what had happened.

Villa left NYC FC at the end of the 2018 season. The club launched an investigation into Badillo’s allegations this summer and concluded there had been failings in its system, but did not mention Villa by name.

“The allegations made during the course of the investigation were that a small number of players and staff did not act in accordance with the club’s standards in their interactions with the intern and with other club staff,” the club told ESPN earlier this month.

“This behavior included unnecessary physical contact, teasing, and comments regarding clothing and appearance. The club found that this behavior was inappropriate and unacceptable.”

The club added that it “is implementing a series of changes within the organization aimed at ensuring that such behavior does not occur in the future”.

Happy the Sounders won the 83rd and final Sounders/LAFC match of 2020. Dallas next in a rematch of one of the most stressful games I've ever attended in person.

8 hours ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

Enter the Playoffs with the best record and home field advantage... And immediately display the flattest performance of the season. No heart, no leadership, no energy, no passion.

#ThatsSoUnion

I said before the game to my wife “I bet this will be their worst game all year”. I wasn’t not surprised but awfully disappointed. What a lame way to end a great (MLS) year.

• Sad 1