David Beckham's MLS 2020

Szumi

4 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Miami is really the global capital of crooked stadium deals. No idea how they keep falling for the same grift.

Well, this time it was Ft Lauderdale that got sold the monorail. Miami city hall is trying to bend over backwards for Beckham, but the Miami voters have to approve it and Beckham's partner in crime is Jorge "The guy who destroyed the Orange Bowl and made it into an eyesore nobody likes or goes to" Mas, and that's why it's not gone anywhere in actual Miami.

But fun fact: The Florida land deal that laid the foundation for Miami and Ft Lauderdale being what it is today is considered one of the causes of the Great Depression. South Florida truly is a wonderland of epic land fails.

6 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Yeah but it's Becks, innit? Proper legend. He can have a pass on this.

He killed any chance of the Strikers playing again. He's the Striker supporters' Sol Campbell now.

At any rate, it could have been Dan Marino or Don Shula or the reanimated body of Joe Robbie himself (well, the idea that Robbie would do it is more unrealistic than the idea of him coming back to life, but). Name would still be mud to us.

I reckon Becks could walk into my house uninvited, kick my cat and nick all our bog roll, and all I'd say is "thanks for the free kick against Greece in 2001, David. Love you."

Only kidding. Becks would never be uninvited in my home.

• Like 3

Snowball was at an event a few months back and she was sitting on a chair and some lad was standing super close to her and his bum was pretty much right in her face and so she kinda huffed and stood up and the lad turned around and it was David Beckham and he was really apologetic and told Snowball to have a great day.

Nice guy. I wish him well.

• Like 3

Guys. I'm so disappointed. Inter Miami was the best thing to happen to me this year and now the MLS is suspended. 

I'm just thankful that David Beckham was at least able to give us here in Miami a small preview of the potential finally having a notable football team can have. He's a blessing of a man and I can't wait for MLS to resume. Even if Niner will be supporting them. 

Edited by LL.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Fuck Beckham, fuck Jorge Mas, and fuck Inter Miami.

Besides, Miami already had a real team, Miami FC. Hell, Himmarshee FC is more of a real team.

1 hour ago, OctoberRaven said:

Besides, Miami already had a real team, Miami FC.

That's the USL team, right?  I found it odd that the MLS team debuted this year and they moved into USL at the same time.

Our first game this year is (now currently) scheduled to be against them.

9 minutes ago, Lowerdeck said:

That's the USL team, right?  I found it odd that the MLS team debuted this year and they moved into USL at the same time.

Our first game this year is (now currently) scheduled to be against them.

Yeah. Miami FC was part of the NASL before that quietly folded, and went to USL instead.

Miami FC also plays in actual Miami on top of that.

• 4 weeks later...

Still the Antichrist.

Beckham is pure scum and has ruined the sport forever for me.

• 3 weeks later...