David Beckham's MLS 2020

Szumi

Ah shit, I posted that before getting ready for work, so I almost forgot to add

Wow. Fat shaming David Beckham now? Proof you've got nothing left to argue for on your end. Inter Miami is here to stay and I'm so happy to have them. ❤️

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

Ah shit, I posted that before getting ready for work, so I almost forgot to add

Maybe this nice song by Elton John will cheer you up and take your mind off David Beckham for a bit

Edited by metalman

1 hour ago, LL. said:

Wow. Fat shaming David Beckham now? Proof you've got nothing left to argue for on your end.

You do realize I was being facetious right?

But seriously, fuck David Beckham, fuck his shitty team that's a cancer to South Florida sport, fuck Jorge Mas, fuck that ugly ass logo that looks like someone didn't know how to draw a flamingo and called it a heron to cover their ass, fuck those garbage kits that somehow fail at minimalism, and fuck his literally illegally won land deal that tore down one of the most important stadiums in American futbol and replaced it with a cheap, tacky shithole that not even Lyle Lanley would have built.

Also, the team is so shit even David Beckham realizes it, which is why he stopped promoting them after watching them practice, so yeah, even he knows Inter Miami sucks.

In fact Inter Miami is so fucking soulless and corporate that they are in the same league as a company that's literally named and branded after a fucking energy drink, and they are still more blatantly corporate. They are the worst team in the most unwatchable league in American futbol.

The emperor has no fucking kit.

51 minutes ago, metalman said:

Maybe this nice song by Elton John will cheer you up and take your mind off David Beckham for a bit

Know your audience. My calm down music is Six Feet Under, Bloodbath, and Adorior.

EDIT- "With Oden By Our Side" by Amon Amarth is the best choice here, as I played it ritualistically when the Strikers were playing at home, as they tended to win more often when I did, and it reminds me of when a real futbol team played on the real Lockhart. Also helpful: Chocolate Milk.

3 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Not to throw gasoline in here but isn't Inter Miami going to get a stadium in Miami itself in the next few years?

One, hahahahahahahahahahahaha they wish

Two, they have a FIFTY YEAR land deal over the former Lockhart grounds, which is the root cause of why I despise Inter Miami instead of apathetically mock for their lame kits.

Three, even if they let those grounds go, they still razed Lockhart (illegally, but that's not the point). Never going to forgive.

We're cool tho. 👍

3 minutes ago, OctoberRaven said:

One, hahahahahahahahahahahaha they wish

Two, they have a FIFTY YEAR land deal over the former Lockhart grounds, which is the root cause of why I despise Inter Miami instead of apathetically mock for their lame kits.

Three, even if they let those grounds go, they still razed Lockhart (illegally, but that's not the point). Never going to forgive.

We're cool tho. 👍

What I should have clarified is I thought Ft. Lauderdale was more a training ground/team offices location while they found a deal for the whole "staidum and entertainment complex" all these teams wants in cities.

Plus there's a USL Ft. Lauderdale team that can or will use the stadium there, no?

1 minute ago, damsher hatfield said:

What I should have clarified is I thought Ft. Lauderdale was more a training ground/team offices location while they found a deal for the whole "staidum and entertainment complex" all these teams wants in cities.

Plus there's a USL Ft. Lauderdale team that can or will use the stadium there, no?

It's going to be an Inter junior squad, so I'd be boycotting them too.

Hopefully the FXE group that tried to stop Beckham (both in the original deal, and suing over the fraudulent claims by Beckham LLC and violations of Florida law by both Beckham LLC and the city... which Beckham bulldozed Lockhart ANYWAY despite the pending lawsuit... like I said, really illegal and shady shit) will form a new team, but their plans hinged on gaining Lockhart because, well, it's THE Ft Lauderdale pitch.

The Strikers legacy lives on in a local (championship winning!) team founded by former Strikers support group leaders, so proper Ft Lauderdale red and gold lives on in that way, but we could have had so much more. THAT is why anything Beckham has done before means nothing to me, and why I will never forgive or forget.

Its funny to me how mad you are. Truly. It's going to be awesome when Inter Miami gets a proper chance to gel as a team and finally provide our city with a proper representation in US soccer.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LL. said:

Its funny to me how mad you are. Truly. It's going to be awesome when Inter Miami gets a proper chance to gel as a team and finally provide our city with a proper representation in US soccer.

Miami FC already does that, respects Florida futbol history, isn't a laughingstock, capable of outplaying a bunch of six year olds, actually plays in Miami, and in a more watchable league, so fuck that.

And again, Inter Miami would not piss me off for merely existing if they had done the sensible thing and play in Joe Robbie, instead of desecrating and replacing Ft Lauderdale's sacred pitch with an ugly stadium made out of shipping containers and cheap bleachers. That's what pisses me off, and that's why, under no circumstances, will I support Inter Miami or attend any match at No-Hart, even if they host the World Cup.

2 hours ago, metalman said:

It can’t be that “sacred” if the team only played there for about five years in its first incarnation, probably - given that they failed - in front of a trickle of fans. 

Few Americans cared about soccer before the 1994 World Cup.  So those who did like to brag about anything they can about American soccer from before 94.

• Like 1

Atlanta have sacked Frank de Boer. They lost all 3 MLSisBack fixtures 1-0, but 1 they had a man sent off early, and they're also essentially pre season matches, and you know, they're without Josef Martinez.

While that makes it all seem unfair, I'm pretty sure it's more down to the fact that his tactics and personality never clicked with most of the squad. He was not well liked, so it was more of a "we just need a reason" than the actual losses. Even without Josef, that's a job many will want.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Major League Soccer said Saturday it will resume its season once the MLS is Back tournament in Florida wraps up.

The league’s 26 teams will each play 18 games, with the first between FC Dallas and Nashville set for 12 August. Dallas and Nashville are playing three additional games after withdrawing from the league’s tournament because of positive Covid-19 cases.

A majority of games will be played without fans because of local regulations. Teams will be subject to a rigorous testing protocol and will use charter flights to travel.

MLS suspended the season on 12 March because of the pandemic after teams had played two games each.

The league’s three Canadian teams – Toronto FC, Montreal Impact and Vancouver Whitecaps – do not have any games scheduled.

“Due to travel restrictions between the US and Canada, MLS announced the initial phase of the league’s revised schedule with each US club playing six matches against other US teams by Sept. 14,” MLS said in a release. “Major League Soccer continues to work with the league’s three Canadian clubs regarding plans to continue the regular season. More details on schedules for the Canadian teams will be announced in the near future.

The league has been playing the monthlong MLS is Back tournament without fans at ESPN’s Wide World of Sports complex at Walt Disney World. The championship match is set for Tuesday between the Portland Timbers and Orlando City.

The Timbers saw off the Philadelphia Union in Wednesday’s first semi-final, while Orlando City defeated Minnesota United in the second.

The group stage matches at the World Cup-style tournament counted toward the regular season.