2020 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

It is a very stupid idea. Playoffs should be for the best teams only. But, the NFL just sees  more games equals more money.  And if it means a 7-9 team gets in the playoffs, at least that means a 10-6 team that might not normally make it, should make it now.

11 hours ago, Lineker said:

TMZ are reporting that Browns LT Greg Robinson has been arrested by the border patrol for the federal charge of possession of marijuana with the intent to distribute.

10 hours ago, B-li Manning said:

Knowing this country, that’ll be a 25 year prison sentence.

According to TMZ, it was 157lbs of marijuana and he faces up to 20 years

This is what I've heard regarding schedule and playoff updates

- They are working on a 17 game season rather than 16. Dont know how shall impact the preseason, probably cut it down to three weeks then.

- They want to add one more team to each side of the playoffs. This would mean only first place in their area would get a bye. Also whoever would be 1st and skipping Wild Card Weekend would also apparently get paid for it even though their team didnt play.

Jamal Adams recently Tweeted out in support of a 17 game season.  The majority of players do not want 17 games due to the bodily sacrifice, but some players like Adams are in favor of it because of the extra week of game checks, roster bonuses, and increased incentives.

He then deleted his tweet after facing a backlash of criticism from former players, and Richard Sherman encouraged Adams to call him so they could discuss in more depth.  It's a complicated issue for the players to handle because any player supporting it is going to hurt their position in CBA negotiations.

Getting this in while we're on Brady Watch:

If Brady leaves: it's a good time for the Patriots to reset.  Our roster is one of the oldest in the league.  At some point Brady is going to step away anyway, so better now before he ends up a shell of his former self.  Is it worth it to spend $30-35m on a QB and leave less room to upgrade at other positions?  Is it worth it to win another SB and then have 3-4 years of sub .500 teams?

If Brady stays: time to bring home another ring...  Also nice to see the GOAT stay and finish his career in Foxboro.  It's rare to see players stay with one team their entire career.

Like alright, don't really care about this move. But...this really feels like a rebuild. I feel like I'm in the minority of Detroit fans lately that has absolutely zero faith in the current regime. That defense is fucking brutal and I really don't know if Bob Bob Quin knows what the fuck he's doing.

On the other hand, Patricias defensive scheme absolutely sucks in my mind. It's so conservative,  so fucking vanilla, just weak bullshit. They can't generate a pass rush by rushing four, but also fucking refuse to blitz. No wonder the secondary got shredded all year. I mean the talent isn't anything to write home about but they absolutely are not put in any sort of position to succeed. 

The offense should be alright, but here again Quinn is baffling with his personnel decisions. You have Graham Glasgow, pretty solid Olineman that can play center and guard, good locker room guy, durable, and you drafted him. We're just going to let him walk. Unless Glasgow flat out said "fuck you and your clownshow, I'm out" I just don't get not getting him locked down. Why create a hole you need to fill (lol)? 

I really think they should have just broomed everybody (like fucking everybody) and started fresh. Trade Slay, Stafford, and get ready for the future. 

I can't wait to see the 2020 season fiasco unfold. What bonehead draft pick will Bob Quinn make? Which free agent signing will flame out in pre-season? In what oddball slapstick fucking way will the Lions lose games this time?

Detroit only has Stafford for 1 more season and then they can get out from that contract. So they basically have 2 full drafts to find talent and draft their QB of the future. It's an enviable position. The Chiefs and Ravens both have had huge success because they retooled dramatically over 2 drafts. 

I have zero faith in the Detroit braintrust to do it right, but they definitely have the opportunity for a quick turnaround if they can find the right QB.