2020 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

People on Facebook complaining about the Dalton deal. I don't see why. Its only a one-year deal. And most of the Bengals teams he was on were less than stellar, to put it kindly. Too many career fumbles for my liking, but that should be less of a problem with the Cowboys' O-Line. 

The only solace the Bears have with the Trubisky pick is that the 49ers pick was also pretty bad. John Lynch is really left off the hook because of it because outside of KIttle, that was an absolutely god awful draft for them. 

Edited by livid

4 hours ago, livid said:

The only solace the Bears have with the Trubisky pick is that the 49ers pick was also pretty bad. John Lynch is really left off the hook because of it because outside of KIttle, that was an absolutely god awful draft for them. 

That draft was mostly dreadful for pass rushers. Outside of Garrett and Watt I don't think many will be in the league for much longer.

Great draft for DBs though. Adams, Humphrey, White, Lattimore, Baker, Griffin, Jackson.

12 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

Trubisky was just a dreadful pick from day one. He's the kind of player you pick when your entire frame of reference for QBs is some old school "white guy who looks good out there" shit.

That's why I never got about him. He was fine in college but only played one year and literally came out of nowhere as the top QB a couple of months before the draft. I've seen him play live and he makes the most simple short throws look laboured. He's so underwhelming.

I know Mahomes had a lot of question marks but at the time but I'm still baffled how anybody would have taken him over Deshaun Watson.

This whole "looks like a QB" thing is very much prevalent. Which is why I'm still not sold on the Daniel Jones pick either. He doesn't have huge arm strength and has massive fumbling issues that aren't that easy to iron out of a QB's game. He's very much a Dave Gettleman pick too who probably like the way he smelled or some other bullshit.

You'd be forgiven for underestimating Mahomes, a guy who looked really good at times but also played at Texas Tech in an offense and a conference tailor-made for his skills. The fact KC took him and within a year built its entire offense around these skills shows that he wouldn't have succeeded at a more conservative, rigid organization. Much like Lamar Jackson, you had to commit to him 100%.

But Trubisky over Watson was at the time extremely puzzling since we just saw Watson beat Alabama and its NFL-level defense. I believed Watson was the best QB in that draft because he showed what he was capable of doing whereas Trubisky looked more like a guy who did well because he wasn't asked to be exceptional.

• Like 3

There have been a lot of QBs that are great in college, but suddenly are the drizzling shits to mediocre in college. While they were in college,  I've had to listen to college announcers drone on and on about how great some QBs are to the point of it sounding they were the Second Coming, only for them to end up either a career backup or hot garbage once they got into the NFL. (Gino Torretta and some South Carolina QB whose name I can't remember right now come to mind) Its practically a guarantee to happen with Florida QBs. Then again, its happened with Vols QBs. They did it to Jonathan Crompton. What's even more absurd they once did it during a game vs the Gators with his college stats up to that point on the screen...and he had almost as many careet INTS as TDs at the time! (Only about 2 TDs more.)

Yeah, I was completely wrong about Mahomes. I watched him in college and he legit just seemed like your regular Texas Tech guy who lit things up because he was in an Air Raid system against atrocious Big-12 defenses. I'll take that hit.

But I friggin' nailed DeShaun Watson being a good QB and Mitch Trubisky being an overrated dunce. Big white kid with athleticism being taken over a proven championship winning black kid is still the way to go when it comes to old white general managers. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

You'd be forgiven for underestimating Mahomes, a guy who looked really good at times but also played at Texas Tech in an offense and a conference tailor-made for his skills. The fact KC took him and within a year built its entire offense around these skills shows that he wouldn't have succeeded at a more conservative, rigid organization. Much like Lamar Jackson, you had to commit to him 100%.

But Trubisky over Watson was at the time extremely puzzling since we just saw Watson beat Alabama and its NFL-level defense. I believed Watson was the best QB in that draft because he showed what he was capable of doing whereas Trubisky looked more like a guy who did well because he wasn't asked to be exceptional.

Yeah like I get why we didn't take Mahomes but it still stings that we didn't take Watson

I don't know who is dumber: The Masked Singer fans on Facebook who insist that the Frog is either Alfonso Ribiero, Sysqo, or Morris Day (seriously!), or the Cowboys fans on Facebook freaking out because they signed Andy Dalton to a one-year deal rather than giving Dak what he wants.