2020 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

3 minutes ago, B-li Manning said:

Pour one out for one of my friends who is a Niners fan.  Niners in town for three games within driving distance of Connecticut (Giants, Jets, Pats) but it comes during a year where there will very likely be no fans in the stands.

The Jets and Giants games being back to back is so fascinating to me. I'm curious if that's happened before. 

10 minutes ago, livid said:

The Jets and Giants games being back to back is so fascinating to me. I'm curious if that's happened before. 

Dolphins did it last year but that's nowhere near the same thing in terms of travel.  I have to assume the Niners would try to get access to a practice facility in NY/NJ for that second game so they won't have to make the unnecessary trip back and forth.

5 minutes ago, B-li Manning said:

Dolphins did it last year but that's nowhere near the same thing in terms of travel.  I have to assume the Niners would try to get access to a practice facility in NY/NJ for that second game so they won't have to make the unnecessary trip back and forth.

Well of course my idea of being somewhat rare is upended by it happening last year! 

And yeah, they've already said they're looking into it. It's something they've done on every extended East coast trip they've had the past few years. Typically they end up at Youngstown State in OH (where Jed York is from) but I find it unlikely they go there this time. 

1 hour ago, livid said:

The Patriots play at the Rams and Chargers back to back.  The second one is the Thursday night game too.

1 hour ago, livid said:

Ravens did it a few years back but as far as I remember they came back here between games because it's a 4 hour drive tops to East Rutherford from the team facility.

I know when they had back-to-back California games a few years ago they stayed out there and did their practices for a week.

On 08/05/2020 at 13:57, DMN said:

Plenty of people have trophies named after them, who else in the four major North American sports has a team named after them?

No, seriously, are there any others?

Look, Fair and I see your point.

I guess the rarity makes it cooler for some? I'd personally rather have the greatest prize in the sport named after me but there are no wrong answers here.

Expect for that Titans guys facial hair... good lord.

Watson's claim have already been outed as bullshit btw. There's multiple sources of him saying he spoke to the Bears in the week's leading up to his draft. He has a right to have a chip on his shoulder for not being drafted ahead of Trubisky but there's no need to lie about things.

• Like 1

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/deshaun-watson-bears-lied-explanation/gr69i02bz6861ok0whl4keh9s

Sounds like it was only a lie to enhance his draft stock, which a lot of players do both before the draft, and in high school when it comes to getting college offers. Sounds like Watson was instructed by his agent to name off as many teams that came to his mind to make it appear he was more desirable at draft time. 

• Like 1

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1