2020 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

Barry's contract ran through the 2002 season, which would've been his age 34 season.  I dunno if he would've played through the whole thing but he was only like 1,500 yards away from Payton at the time of retirement which he would've either passed in 1999 or very early 2000.  Would've set up a hell of a yardage chase for Emmitt.

He’s asking for too much money.  He deserves the kind of big contract starting QBs get, but he doesn’t deserve Russell Wilson money because Russell Wilson has two Super Bowl appearances and one Super Bowl win.

If he’s insistent on that kind of pay, then it should get to that level based on performance bonuses.  I’d be fine with him getting a bigger payout if he reaches the NFC title game.

All parties are dumb not to get this wrapped up soon.  If a Mahomes contract materializes this summer that’s just going to make everyone dig in even more.  

I think he deserves at most somewhere in the 25 to 28 million dollar a year range, BUT I kind of want to see how he does under McCarthy before they shell out that money. At any rate, if they do sign him to a new deal and don't reach the Super Bowl by the time its over, he can go pound sand no matter what.

Some people believe they should either start Dalton or sign Cam Newton. Dalton isn't as bad a QB as people think. The Bengals sucked as a whole. And Dalton's main issue with them was fumbles, which souldn't be as big a problem behind Dallas' O-Line. However, I don't want Newton in a Cowboys uniform because of his attitude.

*edited to add* A lot people on Facebook who claim to be Cowboys fans and say he should get what he's asking for are either idiots, trolls, friends and/or family of Dak, or just plain out of their mind. They're ignoring that a good chunk of that money could be spent better elsewhere than on a QB who obviously cares more about his bank account than winning a championship. Use some of that money on defense, instead.

Edited by GhostMachine
spelling error

I just find it ridiculous that Cam Newton's got the wrong attitude for a team that signed Greg Hardy and invited Josh Brent to the sideline after he killed his team mate driving drunk.

• Like 3

On the Dak situation, I suspect his team realise that the cap is going to go up quite a bit imminently, leaving teams with more room (so it's less of a % hit on the total cap). Loads of QBs at Dak's level and worse are going to be paid a lot more in 1-2 years. 

15 hours ago, RoHitman Reigns said:

@VerbalPuke I just read something that has to be disheartening. A former Lions coach revealed that Sanders would have probably kept playing for yall for a few years longer had they changed the head coach. 

We all kind of knew that was a possibility. People were salty but got over it and understood why Barry said fuck it. I think much like Calvin he was content with his career and got out still healthy. He didn't care about records or that stuff. Calvin has come out and said he would have kept playing through pain but knew the franchise would never contend. They both made the right choice. 

The Lions are just a fucked up disorganized mess. Probably wont change for a long time. 

7 hours ago, Lineker said:

The Panthers have signed Eli Apple.

Must think he can be a core player.

• Haha 1