EWR April 2020 Update

https://www.mediafire.com/file/9c5tqgb1y3srh4d/April.zip/file

Spoiler

How to successfully import data.

By folder:
Select the folders you wish to copy from the export folder.
Right click and select copy.
Go into your EWR42 folder.
Right click and select paste.
When asked to update existing files, check yes.

By file:
Select all the files you want.
Right click and select copy
Go into your EWR4-2 folder.
Go into the sub-folder you are transferring over (DATA for data, PICS for worker and staff pictures, etc.)
Right click and select paste.
When asked to update existing files, check yes.

I would STRONGLY advise NOT to do it for a save file.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

• Lineker featured and pinned this topic

Thank you for this, MK.

Quick note, AEW does have a training camp called The Nightmare Factory that Cody owns since Feb.

“I’ve taken on a leadership and ownership role of the school on Norcross, Georgia which we dubbed ‘The Nightmare Factory.’ We got a big mural up, it’s so cool. I’ve taken a leadership role there. That is where Sadie Gibbs is going to be training. That is where Anthony Ogogo is going to be training. It is not affiliated with AEW other than its affiliation with me so maybe could eventually grow into a full-time situation, but we don’t have that many trainee wrestlers at the moment. Maybe we will.”

He says its not affiliated other than him owning it, but I feel like The Nightmare Factory should or could be set as their training camp in the near future, maybe Good with Dean Malenko as the head trainer. Or perhaps as a developmental territory since Sadie is an active wrestler.

Edited by EWFan2004

On 07/04/2020 at 00:04, EWFan2004 said:

Thank you for this, MK.

Quick note, AEW does have a training camp called The Nightmare Factory that Cody owns since Feb.

He says its not affiliated other than him owning it, but I feel like The Nightmare Factory should or could be set as their training camp in the near future, maybe Good with Dean Malenko as the head trainer. Or perhaps as a developmental territory since Sadie is an active wrestler.

I might do that. I have to look at if Malenko needs to be an agent or not. This is because they have 3 staff coaches (Malenko, Jerry Lynn and BJ Whitmer) and 6 coaches (Arn Anderson, Awesome Kong, Billy Gunn, Christopher Daniels, Dustin Rhodes and Tully Blanchard) as well as a producer (QT Marshall) that act as an active worker (which in EWR do not count to prevent an unruly backstage.)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mkpunk said:

I might do that. I have to look at if Malenko needs to be an agent or not. This is because they have 3 staff coaches (Malenko, Jerry Lynn and BJ Whitmer) and 6 coaches (Arn Anderson, Awesome Kong, Billy Gunn, Christopher Daniels, Dustin Rhodes and Tully Blanchard) as well as a producer (QT Marshall) that act as an active worker (which in EWR do not count to prevent an unruly backstage.)

Malenko is a road agent, last time I checked, that I swamped out to become a trainer for the camp, which worked out just nicely. Lynn and BJ could work as other trainers and the the other Coaches can be road agents under their real names since all I did was make Tully, whose an active worker, into Tully A. Blanchard. Its a nice way to work around that factor in-case someone retires and suddenly there's two of the same workers.

Also, Tully and Tessa should be related but aren't in the update.

21 hours ago, conker8 said:

Daniel Makabe is 36, April

Some age are not up to date (Taker, Austin, Triple H, Steph...)

Sourcing and updating the birthmonth/age list I have to know which month to update is gonna be one of the things I am working on this month.

13 hours ago, JeffitudeVer2.1 said:

I renamed them to their twitter handle names and changed the tag name to FTR for now. I will further change when I see a real name for the team.

7 hours ago, EWFan2004 said:

Malenko is a road agent, last time I checked, that I swamped out to become a trainer for the camp, which worked out just nicely. Lynn and BJ could work as other trainers and the the other Coaches can be road agents under their real names since all I did was make Tully, whose an active worker, into Tully A. Blanchard. Its a nice way to work around that factor in-case someone retires and suddenly there's two of the same workers.

Also, Tully and Tessa should be related but aren't in the update.

I think coach is the AEW name for road agent but I am not sure. Just like WWE using "Producer" as their name for road agent. I'll figure out which ones I should use.

Also on that note, I think I'm making MVP an agent as he has been a "player coach" in MLW and now WWE with only a handful of matches and angles of late. I'm on the fence on this.

Edited by mkpunk

6 minutes ago, DoubleJ13 said:

That school is QT Marshall & Glacier's school. Could always add Marshall under his real name as a trainer or move Glacier to staff.

I think I'll make Glacier a coach (I mean trainer). Perhaps I'll list as Buzz Stern. HAH!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am keeping up with the WWE releases. Please do not list them. I am going back to whatever name they used before they came to WWE unless they use the same name (EC3, Eric Young, Karl Anderson, Kurt Angle, Lio Rush, etc.)

Man am I glad to see someone taking the time to make updates.  Once Bill was overtaken I kind of stopped following the site, but got bored and wanted to try it again.  I think it could get interesting next month with all the layoffs WWE made.

Keep up the good work.

Got a question, is WWE's public image going to take a hit as well? 40 is good, but I think 30 is manageable since for the most part, they have been getting a lot of negative press for the past year or so.

@mkpunk Since I got allot of time to play EWR, there is a couple of things I notice.

I'm wondering if you ever thought to bring back the relationships between wrestlers? ( personally I liked it back in the days only to make some westlers happy)

Also I'm missing some wrestlers that hasnt be on Tv for some time, it would be nice to add the likes of Shawn Michaels/JBL/CM Punk/Batista/Booker T/Christian as a Non Wrestler with a pay grade that will cost allot for a appearance. ( GM Type of roll or manager)

and of course I appreciate the time you put in the data updates every month.

19 hours ago, bigworm said:

@mkpunk Since I got allot of time to play EWR, there is a couple of things I notice.

I'm wondering if you ever thought to bring back the relationships between wrestlers? ( personally I liked it back in the days only to make some westlers happy)

Also I'm missing some wrestlers that hasnt be on Tv for some time, it would be nice to add the likes of Shawn Michaels/JBL/CM Punk/Batista/Booker T/Christian as a Non Wrestler with a pay grade that will cost allot for a appearance. ( GM Type of roll or manager)

and of course I appreciate the time you put in the data updates every month.

Batista besides Mania last year wasn't on TV for over 4 years.

JBL hasn't been in an angle in eight years.

Christian and CM Punk are both retired and not likely to return.

Booker I'll wait on but he hasn't wrestled a match since 2012.

Relationships other than blood and love is too constricting. If you let Quackenbush go and you have CHIKARA trainees, they would all jump with him if you have open contracts. Technically the same happens with the Samoans and Togans, but they would more likely raise a stink than say Jigsaw with Quacks.

On relationships:

Last I looked, Billy Gunn and Austin Gunn don't have a blood relationship in the game, but I could've missed it.

Also, some friendships/bonds are very, very strong. Case in point: AJ Styles is very upset about The OC getting fired by WWE. I'm sure it will affect his morale and view of the company.

It's up to you, as you're the one putting in all the time with the game, and I get that it may increase load times and also make the game more difficult.

----

On WWE's PI:

They're miles ahead of all other promotions. If their PI is going to be dropped, then so should the PI for other promotions. It sucks there isn't a good way to handle AEW and NXT, as the ratings are virtually identical. On paper, NXT should be getting ratings like SD! and RAW, but they're getting comparable ratings to AEW Dynamite.

One other note: WWE's production should be raised to 100% or Fox network's primetime requirement should be 95%.

Also, are NBC, CBS, and ABC supposed to be missing? I know the "sports network" is in for these, but it's weird they are missing. NBC used to have Saturday Night's Main Event and it isn't inconceivable that a network like NBC wouldn't have a "late night" wrestling program like a late night talk show. I don't know. Seems odd they're not in the game.

Edited by Mancuerda
  • Like 1

Got a good point.

Also, some notes:

Kylie Rae's finisher is called Smile is The Finish, her STF, at least in Impact Wrestling.

Allie Recks is listed as a male, and her finishers should be set as Recks Effect  and Rexecution, both impact.

Amber Nova's finishers are Nova Driver & Nova Lights Suplex both impact.

Edited by EWFan2004
  • Like 1

On 19/04/2020 at 16:45, Mancuerda said:

On relationships:

Last I looked, Billy Gunn and Austin Gunn don't have a blood relationship in the game, but I could've missed it.

Also, some friendships/bonds are very, very strong. Case in point: AJ Styles is very upset about The OC getting fired by WWE. I'm sure it will affect his morale and view of the company.

It's up to you, as you're the one putting in all the time with the game, and I get that it may increase load times and also make the game more difficult.

----

On WWE's PI:

They're miles ahead of all other promotions. If their PI is going to be dropped, then so should the PI for other promotions. It sucks there isn't a good way to handle AEW and NXT, as the ratings are virtually identical. On paper, NXT should be getting ratings like SD! and RAW, but they're getting comparable ratings to AEW Dynamite.

One other note: WWE's production should be raised to 100% or Fox network's primetime requirement should be 95%.

Also, are NBC, CBS, and ABC supposed to be missing? I know the "sports network" is in for these, but it's weird they are missing. NBC used to have Saturday Night's Main Event and it isn't inconceivable that a network like NBC wouldn't have a "late night" wrestling program like a late night talk show. I don't know. Seems odd they're not in the game.

The relationships will likely not be added or at best it would be limited to like/dislike. For instance of you were to start a Chikara game and are able to fire Quackenbush or Ophidian who now heads the Wrestle Factory, there would go the entire roster if it is loyalty based.

Public image is a tough pill. If the promotion is above 30% and within 30% of a similar scaled promotion, they war and it effects ratings. For instance, CMLL and AEW can war with each other despite AEW being American and CMLL being Mexican and they aren't really connected. The only thing they "war on" is that AEW shares talent with AAA and AAA wars with CMLL. Same if Impact is a

ABC, CBS and NBC were removed when networks were streamlined long ago (I think dating back to Bill data) because between the the three of them, NBC was the last to air wrestling with a 2007 or 2008 Saturday Night's Main Event. The only problem I see with adding networks is that there is something wrong with TV shows that if too many are added, it causes networks to complain about a show you do not run.

On 23/04/2020 at 14:14, EWFan2004 said:

Got a good point.

Also, some notes:

Kylie Rae's finisher is called Smile is The Finish, her STF, at least in Impact Wrestling.

Allie Recks is listed as a male, and her finishers should be set as Recks Effect  and Rexecution, both impact.

Amber Nova's finishers are Nova Driver & Nova Lights Suplex both impact

These will get fixed, thanks. I've been updating stuff as I saw it too...

I am now debating due to Drake Maverick being gone but now being used for the cruiserweight tournament despite being "released" that they are on open deals. That is because if they are in game, these releases would be day 1 in the game if you play any promotion other than WWE.

I say keep him under an open contract, but then again, I feel like Drake's gonna be fired once you pass day 1 anyway.

Also, I happened to see by chance a few wrestlers with 0 stats overall.

• Damian Angel
  • Eric Cairnie (sp)
  • Lana Austin
  • Laredo Boy
  • Molly McCoy
  • Shane Sabre
  • Sterling Riegel