College Football 2020

Lineker

17 minutes ago, Mr. Meacon Moneybags said:

The SEC is apparently trying to recruit schools in cancelled conferences. I love it. Shove it up the NCAA’s ass and break shit. Give me a 24-team SEC, 24-team ACC, and 24-team Big12(x2).

Under normal circumstances?  Yay fun let’s do it.

Under pandemic circumstances?  Just don’t play.  These kids aren’t getting paid, the schools won’t do enough to ensure their safety, it’s not worth the risks.

• Like 1

i haven't heard anything about that at all. Just that some player from Ohio State wants the team to play in the SEC. On one hand, fuuuuuck that, because I hate Ohio State. On the other hand, Alabama, Florida, and maybe LSU and Georgia would likely wreck them.

But my luck, they'd get Tennessee, Kentucky, Vanderbilt and Arkansas scheduled against them. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'll always appreciate what Holtz did for Notre Dame, but I jumped ship from him a long time ago. Him comparing kids playing during the pandemic to D-Day and all the bullshit he's spouted about Trump over the last few months just adds to the fact that he is completely out of touch and oblivious. 

On 11/08/2020 at 00:05, GhostMachine said:

i haven't heard anything about that at all. Just that some player from Ohio State wants the team to play in the SEC. On one hand, fuuuuuck that, because I hate Ohio State. On the other hand, Alabama, Florida, and maybe LSU and Georgia would likely wreck them.

But my luck, they'd get Tennessee, Kentucky, Vanderbilt and Arkansas scheduled against them. 

If Ohio State joined the SEC, they'd probably end up in the East and Missouri would go to the West.

In that scenario, they'd get Florida and Georgia annually.

1 hour ago, DMN said:

Is it hypocritical to think we shouldn't be playing college football, but also be excited to get to watch college football? I've been watching classic stuff on YouTube, but it's just not the same.

Yeah exactly how I feel. Like I feel as if I shouldn't be excited but I also can't help myself.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DMN said:

Is it hypocritical to think we shouldn't be playing college football, but also be excited to get to watch college football? I've been watching classic stuff on YouTube, but it's just not the same.

If anyone remembers what went on with my father earlier this year, he's been in bed watching re-runs of old games on tv. I'm talking back to back to back games. 

On 05/09/2020 at 18:56, DMN said:

We're human, it happens. I know what you mean though. I woke up thinking I wouldn't mind watching Michigan right now (not even really a huuuge fan anymore) but I agree with them stepping out this season. Saturdays in Fall are great because there is a fucking game on all damn day.

I don’t think they should be playing, but if they are going to go through with it, I’ll watch.  I don’t look at this as a situation where if I don’t watch it sends a message or something.  I disagree with their plans but I’m not boycotting their decision.

Also I didn’t get to watch the NFL season opener, so this is my first experience with how they are presenting it.  I’m actually pretty happy with how you can’t really tell there’s barely any crowd while the game is going on.