TEW20 Real World BETA

Just now, TheWho87 said:

Updated the first post with an updated beta, sorted out contracts for WWE, NXT, NXT:UK and AEW as well as most suggestions from the thread.

Database: BETA #2

Neat! How does one install these?

3 minutes ago, JMarushin said:

Neat! How does one install these?

You got two options.

Option 1

Using the in game editor click "Create Database" and name it what you want, then go to Program Files > GDS > TEW2020 > Databases, find the folder you named and put the MDB file in the folder in the Zip in there.

Option 2

Unzip the file, rename "Default" to something else (no longer than 24 characters) if you don't want to overright the C-Verse, and then go to Program Files > GDS > TEW2020 > Databases and put the folder in there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheWho87 said:

You got two options.

Option 1

Using the in game editor click "Create Database" and name it what you want, then go to Program Files > GDS > TEW2020 > Databases, find the folder you named and put the MDB file in the folder in the Zip in there.

Option 2

Unzip the file, rename "Default" to something else (no longer than 24 characters) if you don't want to overright the C-Verse, and then go to Program Files > GDS > TEW2020 > Databases and put the folder in there.

Awesome, option 2 worked like a charm!

Have you noticed a lot of promotions disbanding stables in Beta #2? They either didn't do this or I just never noticed in Beta 1, but like, every day I'm seeing in the news feed "______ has been disbanded". 

6 minutes ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

Have you noticed a lot of promotions disbanding stables in Beta #2? They either didn't do this or I just never noticed in Beta 1, but like, every day I'm seeing in the news feed "______ has been disbanded". 

It happens a lot in TEW2020 - I think it is probably on the list of things to be fixed in a future patch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RazorsEdge said:

It happens a lot in TEW2020 - I think it is probably on the list of things to be fixed in a future patch.

I swear I've only started seeing it happen since like, the current TEW2020 beta patch. CHIKARA, for example, has like 5 or 6 stables in and using beta #1 of TheWho's database and previous beta patches of 2020, I never noticed them getting disbanded. Weird.

2 hours ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

I swear I've only started seeing it happen since like, the current TEW2020 beta patch. CHIKARA, for example, has like 5 or 6 stables in and using beta #1 of TheWho's database and previous beta patches of 2020, I never noticed them getting disbanded. Weird.

Hmm it might be random in each save? I had it happen in all the saves I ran with the default database (from the first version of the beta) with some stables breaking up on the second day of the game. I did, however, notice it seemed to be stables from the bigger companies that were being disbanded more often than smaller companies.

I think I mass adited stable types to the default, that might have caused something, I still need to go through and sort stables out though.

On a unrelated note I'm looking at switching up some active promotions, I'm looking at closing down FIP and NGW, so I'm open with swapping them with another promotion in the US and UK or maybe from another region, I'd rather have promotions who have a roster who's mostly already in the game, although one promotion I've been suggested added for a bit has been GCW, although I'm open to other options.

Someone mentioned it already on GDS, but DEFY is a good shout for a US promotion too. They're a Seattle-based promotion that has most of their roster already in the game, and I think ( @GoGo Yubari correct me if I'm wrong here) Davey Richards helped open the promotion up.

I'd be down for maybe adding both GCW and DEFY.

On top of the two I'm looking to switch out there is two more spots open before I hit the limit of active promotions.

Also I think I did mess up the stables, I undid my mass edit on stables and now they are changing members rather than removing the stable.

Weird. Why would setting them as factions cause that?

ACTUALLY, I may have answered my own question: I wonder if, in the product drop-down box, "stables" has to be set to "yes". So for instance, if a promotion doesn't have STABLES: YES, they'd just go about disbanding factions and other kinds of stables willy-nilly.

EDIT: Though, checking the database, CHIKARA is set to have stables, and they still regularly disband theirs. Weird. Hm.

I'm simming right now and they havent dropped them in the first week, I think I mass edited stables as no for companies intending to add them back, will add them for Chikara but changing them from Factions to Alliance also fixes the issue.

• Like 1

Yeah I mass edited them all back to alliances as a quick fix. Have you looked into broadcasters yet? I've been messing with them and it seems like a lot of it comes down to broadcaster styles and products not mixing. For instance, if I start a game as AEW ("Wrestling Nerd Nirvana" product) and look at my deal with TNT, TNT doesn't want to negotiate with me because my product doesn't fit their "style" (Mainstream). Even after changing AEW's product (from "Wrestling Nerd Nirvana" to "No-Style Style", just to see what would happen) they still don't want to negotiate. And they still have ridiculous high requirements for show quality. 

I'm sure you agree it's kind of annoying. I've yet to sim a game where AEW doesn't get dropped by everyone except ITV4, and USA Network constantly drops their WWE shows.

So far all I've done with broadcasters is set up my generic local ones for the new regions, and roughly moved a few around into different categories, I'm also torn with the idea of putting internet channels to be region specific or to have them available globally, this was an issue in TEW16 where some promotions could grow really easilly worldwide by being on an "internet" broadcaster, having them broken into regions limits this a bit.

I feel like, personally, if it breaks the game open and makes it way too easy, it's probably better to have them set regionally. It's still not ideal, but it works within the limitations of the game at least.

Some MLW stuff, based on their most recent episodes of Fusion:

- Brian Pillman Jr. is a face, "Family Tradition" would probably work as a gimmick for him
- Tom Lawlor leads a stable called Team Filthy that includes him, Dominick Garrini, King Mo Lawal, and Erick Stevens. I think they're all heels. Dan Lambert, who founded the American Top Team gym, is also affiliated with him (he may not be in the database, he's mostly an MMA guy)
- Low Ki is a face not affiliated with a stable, his whole deal now is that he's "The Lone Wolf of Brooklyn"
- Alexander Hammerstone, Gino Medina and Richard Holliday are "The Dynasty" (I don't think Medina is in the database tho). Heels with a sort of entitled/rich snob gimmick.
- Savio Vega is a face, currently feuding with The Dynasty
- Gringo Loco is a face
- Mance Warner is a face, got a sort of like "Blue Collar" gimmick going on.
- Kevin Von Erich is listed as a manager on MLW's roster page. I think for bigger events he's managed his sons.
- El Hijo de LA Park is on the roster now, heel, teaming with / helping LA Park, they team as "Los Parks"
- AJ Kirsch is the color commentator for Fusion
- Also, their World Middleweight champ is Myron Reed.

Talking of MLW, I'm going through contracts fed by fed, I've done Impact and doing ROH right now, I'm setting them with written non exclusive monthly contracts, would that also work with MLW, do they "sign" people?