Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 Remaster announced for September Release

Lint

FUCK YES!

• Like 3

Same. Mildly disappointed that its only 1+2 but 1 was my most played skateboarding game until Project 8 came out. It's probably also responsible for my music tastes strongly leaning towards pop punk/skate punk/ska punk.

47 minutes ago, Josh Mulaney said:

I feel like that’ll be fun for a short while and then I’ll need more. I’m hoping for some features beyond just the classic timed runs.

There will be online multiplayer and the option to create and share created parks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

I'm excited but I'm wondering if this is one of those games I was good at when I was younger but now I suck at. Guess we'll see in September! :w00t:

After about 20 years, I got back on a skateboard and realized after 30-seconds that I absolutely can’t do that anymore, so video game skateboarding is all I’ll have left. So yeah, I’ll probably be terrible at that now, too. :( 

14 minutes ago, Mr. Meacon Moneybags said:

After about 20 years, I got back on a skateboard and realized after 30-seconds that I absolutely can’t do that anymore, so video game skateboarding is all I’ll have left. So yeah, I’ll probably be terrible at that now, too. :( 

Hey man if you want to give it another try the Collector's edition comes with a real skateboard deck :P 

I'm very excited for this, because I absolutely love those games... but I am cautious about it, because the last time they tried to do this, the remaster was not very good, and actually sent me looking for a Nintendo 64 copy of the game.

Which reminds me that I haven't played my 64 since I got a new TV. Maybe I should set it up and see if it works or if I need to go pick up a CRT TV.

47 minutes ago, Ollie said:

Not gonna lie, I'd definitely beat you all at Tony Hawk's.

I remember think that I was pretty good at Tony Hawk 2 when it first came out. Then my nephew, about five years younger then me, came to visit and totally kicked my ass.

This was exciting to hear when it was first announced but honestly - there's not much to the first two games. Good memories and all, but the stuff that came later in the THUG series and American Wasteland really built upon everything and made it a hell of a lot more fun than just doing runs and trying to cram in as many objectives as possible. Having open worlds to skate around in and do stuff BETWEEN missions was where the series really hit its stride.

4 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

There will be online multiplayer and the option to create and share created parks.

Excellent. I hope they continue the tradition of Secret Skaters and Create-a-Skater too. Fingers crossed for Spider-Man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josh Mulaney said:

Excellent. I hope they continue the tradition of Secret Skaters and Create-a-Skater too. Fingers crossed for Spider-Man.

Private Carrera would be rather awkward nowdays, to say the least.

Also, Skate Heaven needs to be in.

I didn't realise that there was already a remake of the first two games called Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2x for Xbox in 2001. Apparently, it was developed by Treyarch, who later made the Call of Duty: Black Ops series.

Looking further, it's no wonder I hadn't heard of it. It only came out in North America.

15 hours ago, Gabriel said:

Which reminds me that I haven't played my 64 since I got a new TV. Maybe I should set it up and see if it works or if I need to go pick up a CRT TV.

My N64 works fine on a little flat screen, you'll be reet.