Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 Remaster announced for September Release

Lint

Christmas 2001 I got a PlayStation 2 and three games:  SmackDown Just Bring It, NFL 2k2, and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3.

Pro Skater 3 had me completely hooked onto the series.  I played it a couple of months ago through the PCSX2 emulator and I completely sucked at it but eventually I figured it out again.

I am really hoping that this remaster turns out well so that they maybe think about remastering the other games as well. I believe I played everything right up to THUG 2, and the story stuff in those games was so much fun.

1 hour ago, Gabriel said:

I am really hoping that this remaster turns out well so that they maybe think about remastering the other games as well. I believe I played everything right up to THUG 2, and the story stuff in those games was so much fun.

I'd be surprised if they didn't at least do 3 and 4.

Here are the licenced songs they got back. No Cycovision or Bring the Noise is a shame.

1. Police Truck - The Dead Kennedys
  2. Superman - Goldfinger
  3. Jerry Was a Race Car Driver - Primus
  4. New Girl - The Suicide Machines
  5. Here and Now - The Ernies
  6. Euro-Barge - The Vandals
  7. Blood Brothers - Papa Roach
  8. Guerrilla Radio - Rage Against The Machine
  9. Pin the Tail on the Donkey - Naughty by Nature
  10. You - Bad Religion
  11. When Worlds Collide - Powerman 5000
  12. No Cigar - Millencolin
  13. Cyclone - Dub Pistols
  14. May 16 - Lagwagon
  15. Subculture (Dieselboy + Kaos VIP) - Styles of Beyond
  16. Heavy Metal Winner - Consumed
  17. Evil Eye - Fu Manchu
  18. Five Lessons Learned - Swingin Utters

I hope they add support for custom tunes. Even just being able to listen to my spotify account instead of the soundtrack would be great.

That said, I will definitely be listening to the soundtrack most of the time anyways.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Gabriel said:

I hope they add support for custom tunes. Even just being able to listen to my spotify account instead of the soundtrack would be great.

That said, I will definitely be listening to the soundtrack most of the time anyways.

You can do that on any PS4 game, so if you’ve got one you’re golden

Was reading earlier that all the skaters have been "aged up" to their current age in the remasters.  So you won't be playing as Tony Hawk as he looked 20 years ago, you'll be playing as 52 year old Tony Hawk

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Anybody else pick this up?

I have it downloading right now, and I'm going to be hanging out with my buddy in an hour or so to play his copy. He says it's like going home, and everything feels right, but looks so much better.

I don't think I've been this excited to play something in a long time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gabriel said:

Anybody else pick this up?

I have it downloading right now, and I'm going to be hanging out with my buddy in an hour or so to play his copy. He says it's like going home, and everything feels right, but looks so much better.

I don't think I've been this excited to play something in a long time.

I did and guess what!

On 13/05/2020 at 11:00, Your Mom said:

I'm excited but I'm wondering if this is one of those games I was good at when I was younger but now I suck at. Guess we'll see in September! :w00t:

This totally applies to me!

But yea, once starting up and going down that first hill in The Warehouse brought back to many memories.  I'm no where near as good as I used to be, but maybe its because I'm using a create-a-skater and my stats aren't really good?  Or yea, its because I'm just as good as videogame skating as I am at real life skating at the age of 39...not at all

like the crash remastered before it, i'm definitely not as good at these games as i used to be, but damn the fun factor and nostalgia makes up for my depleting skill!

as said above, just going down the first ramp in the warehouse just brought back so much nostalgia, and after a while of skating each park, you soon remember the layout as if its been stored in your brain for the last x amount of years XD