The Last Of Us II

Hellraiser

Yeah, the reviews I've read/listened to have all agreed that there's a slight pacing issue in the last quarter of the game, which definitely happens a lot in a lot of games. Considering it's a 25+ hour story, I doubt those giving it a 0/10 an hour after launch were all too concerned with the pacing.

People review bombing it are just wankers who are mad that you have to play as a gay woman.

And those people are trash.

• Like 1

I hate it when that kind of crowd takes over the discussion. It's like what happened with the new Ghostbusters, albeit on a much smaller scale. It's a shame that people with legitimate gripes about the gameplay and story will have to preface everything by reassuring everyone that they're not part of the MAGA wazzocks.

Frankly, from what I've played, I don't even see how the gender and sexual orientations of the characters are important in any way. It's just something that they happen to be, nothing more.

22 hours ago, Ollie said:

Yeah, the reviews I've read/listened to have all agreed that there's a slight pacing issue in the last quarter of the game, which definitely happens a lot in a lot of games. Considering it's a 25+ hour story, I doubt those giving it a 0/10 an hour after launch were all too concerned with the pacing.

People review bombing it are just wankers who are mad that you have to play as a gay woman.

And those people are trash.

I love it even more because I get to play as a gay woman :) 

Hopefully it arrives today and I learn my lesson to just swerve Royal Mail delivery off.

Thought on Friday when it didn't look like it was going to be delivered oh it'll come Saturday. 

Thought on Saturday when it didn't look like it was going to be delivered oh it'll come Monday

For future reference, if there's a game you desperately want to play on release day, either pay the little bit extra for digital so it's guaranteed, or wander into a supermarket and get one there. Pre-ordering doesn't always work, especially when you're reliant on it being delivered.

I've had mine since Friday but still haven't started yet. Will more than likely play the first few hours later in the week.

ShopTo used to be really good when it came to pre-ordering games, more often than not you got them the day before if you didn't get them the day when they were released. 

ShopTo are, yeah.

My missus' brother gets from there quite a bit and his stuff turns up a day early most times, but I advised against him ordering this from there so close to release. Their workforce has probably been reduced during the pandemic, and I imagine if anything, those who pre-ordered ages ago would take priority. If you ordered yours a while back too, he would have had no chance of getting his.

Major spoiler regarding the 2nd half of the game reviewers were not allowed to talk about:

Spoiler

I already get the point they're trying to make. Do I really HAVE to play through the 3 days again as Abby?  

Edited by Hellraiser

3 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I'm constantly taken aback by how good this game looks. I've been watching next-gen trailers and I'm convinced that this game looks better. I'm playing on the base PS4 as well.

Same. Base PS4, and it looks incredible. I'm so excited to replay this when I get a PS5 because it's going to look ridiculous.