Summer Transfer Window 2020

Lineker

Norwich were the worst team in the league last year yet 2 of their back four have gone for a combined £40mil  already with Aarons still to go and likely to be the most expensive of the lot.

Weird when you look at it that way.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Baddar said:

It's disappointing how we weren't even 30m apart with Dortmund in valuation for Sancho, yet can find 30m to buy a player who's barely kicked a ball in mens football. 

Odd.

It's probably the cynical Newcastle fan in me who is used to the club saying they're trying to sign someone when clearly they're not really trying, but I don't believe that Ed Woodwood or the Man Utd board are actually interested in signing Sancho. If they were, it would have been done months ago. It's been a distraction technique for months to divert attention away from the reality that there is no plan at the club, as we're seeing now by chucking £200k a week at a 33 year old and a combined £40m+ on two 18 year olds with barely a season of first team football between them.

Theo Walcott is closing in on a loan-deal to Southampton. 

David Ornstein is now reporting that Arsenal have expressed that they are willing to pay Thomas Partey's release clause at Atletico Madrid. 

Bayern are close to re-signing Douglas Costa which probably means Hudson-Odoi is not Bayern-bound. 

1 hour ago, TCO said:

Norwich were the worst team in the league last year yet 2 of their back four have gone for a combined £40mil  already with Aarons still to go and likely to be the most expensive of the lot.

Weird when you look at it that way.

Norwich's poor results came from their inability to score just as much as a leaky defence.

They only scored 7 of those goals away from Carrow Road and just 2 goals in their last 14 games, 1 in 9 after the restart. Pukki very much fizzled out (his last goal from open play was in mid-December), Drmic never delivered in front of goal, and I know a lot of fans were getting frustrated that Farke didn't really deviate from the tactics that barely won them the Championship. Even when it was clear they were going down in the midst of the club's worst ever run of losses, he didn't change up the tactics or give youngsters like Adam Idah a chance.

Apparently we've pulled the plug on the Torreira to Atletico loan deal, saying that we will only accept a permanent transfer. 

This is due to us not needing to negotiate for the Partey transfer. Arsenal being shitheads in a transfer deal? Well I never.

Talksport reporting that United are in talks with Watford over the transfer of Sarr. 

16 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Apparently we've pulled the plug on the Torreira to Atletico loan deal, saying that we will only accept a permanent transfer. 

This is due to us not needing to negotiate for the Partey transfer. Arsenal being shitheads in a transfer deal? Well I never.

Talksport reporting that United are in talks with Watford over the transfer of Sarr. 

Is that because Liverpool have pulled out and are gonna go mad and loan Dembele?

Just now, Lineker said:

Out of nowhere, we are close to address the gap at centre-half with the signing of Joe Rodon from Swansea. Is he any good @Gorka?

He'd be alright for a midtable side looking for a centre half. I'm sure Woodward will be along in a minute offering £50m