Summer Transfer Window 2020

Lineker

16 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Messi wants his contract terminated. 

We could do with backup for Bobby but Brewster has scored 3 goals in preseason so Messi would have to up his game a bit

Just now, Liam Mk2 said:

Messi playing for any other club will be really weird.

Yeh it just doesn't feel right if he went to any other European team. Rather he went to Argentina then play for someone else. 

If he does leave it's very damming of the current situation of Barca and it'd be a shame for his time to end on a sour note 

They're going to have to move him now. 

Basically PSG and Man City are the only two places I sense could land him. No idea what either gives up to do it, as it won't just be monetary. Though I saw Inter floated as a possibility which seems like a big drop for him. But they could easily send Martinez to Barcelona for him as part of a transfer.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Ebere Eze is heading to Palace for 20m, personal terms to be finalised.

Eze is a fantastic player! Looked a level above whenever I watched him last year. He's a similar type player to Zaha too so I wouldn't be surprised if this clears the way for him to leave.

Also that Messi news is huge. Either it's his biggest and last political move yet or he really wants out. The list of clubs he'd go to has to be tiny. Seeing him and Ronaldo in the same team would be huge. Like when Pogba left, the Adidas sponsored clubs are the ones to look out for!

26 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Though I saw Inter floated as a possibility which seems like a big drop for him

Inter Miami?

Beckham and Messi. The Dream Team.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

They're going to have to move him now. 

Basically PSG and Man City are the only two places I sense could land him. No idea what either gives up to do it, as it won't just be monetary. Though I saw Inter floated as a possibility which seems like a big drop for him. But they could easily send Martinez to Barcelona for him as part of a transfer.

exactly how i see it, with the hundreds of millions psg have thrown out with no champs league, they wont care about another 100 mil to get the GOAT playing for them and likely getting them closer to that silverware

23 minutes ago, Moses Julep said:

Messi to City to become the world’s most expensive flop. That’s my prediction.

At least we might get an actual answer to the question: "Ah, but can he do it on a wet Tuesday night at Stoke?"

1 hour ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Sky are reporting that Everton are close to signing James Rodriguez. 

Such an Everton sort of signing, that.

Is it? Usually we spend loads of money on Big 6 bench players and midtable one-season wonders. Rodriguez is a step above both of those. I'll be surprised if we pull it off to be honest, but it'd be exactly the sort of transfer Ancelotti was brought to the club to help happen.

He has all the makings of an expensive flop in my mind is all. 

Would love to be proved wrong as on his day, he’s a top footballer but he’s never really shown consistency. Everton already have a lot of those sorts, seems like an odd move is all.

Sky were also saying Everton are in talks for Doucoure from Watford. Now he’d be a terrific signing.

10 hours ago, nihilist said:

At least we might get an actual answer to the question: "Ah, but can he do it on a wet Tuesday night at Stoke?"

Robbie Williams gets on the blower and convinces Messi to sign for Port Vale.

• Haha 1