Summer Transfer Window 2020

Lineker

I think that goes to the Pellegri kid that Monaca plucked from Genoa a few seasons back now. He was 15 or 16 when they bought him, and that was I think €25 million. I couldn't tell you if he's ever even played a game for Monaco since joining there

27 minutes ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

I think that goes to the Pellegri kid that Monaca plucked from Genoa a few seasons back now. He was 15 or 16 when they bought him, and that was I think €25 million. I couldn't tell you if he's ever even played a game for Monaco since joining there

6 games but none this season if Wiki is up to date. Wasn't promising that when searching for his name the autocompletes are all about his Fifa 20 and 19 potential.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

Juventus have agreed a 72.5m Euro fee for Barcelona's Arthur, whilst talks continue over Pjanic. Supposedly Arthur would rather stay and fight for his place.

Leicester have agreed terms with William Carvalho of Real Betis and are now discussing a fee.

I expect any fee for Pjanic would be quite similar as to the Arthur fee, purely from a "balancing the books" perspective for both teams. 

Was a bit mad how I saw something the other day about the impact of Covid-19 on the finances of Juve and then this needs appears

52 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

It's odd to see the two of them basically being swapped. Am I missing something?

It's financial stuff - Juve are getting Arthur now to help Barca's finances out, this time next year Barca will sign Pjanic and help Juve's finances out.

• Like 1

To be fair - aside from the four year deal part - I don't think Cedric is that bad of a signing. He's got plenty of Premier League experience and we really needed a fairly competent backup to Bellerin as we haven't really had one at all. 

That being said, I really dislike our recruitment strategy under this new regime. 

4 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

To be fair - aside from the four year deal part - I don't think Cedric is that bad of a signing. He's got plenty of Premier League experience and we really needed a fairly competent backup to Bellerin as we haven't really had one at all. 

That being said, I really dislike our recruitment strategy under this new regime. 

If Kroenke runs Arsenal anyway like he runs the LA Rams he'll try to find ways out of paying his players when they're of no use to the team anymore anyway.