Summer Transfer Window 2020

21 hours ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

I genuinely think Declan Rice is absolutely bang average. I know West Ham is awful so it's sometimes can be hard to decipher where any quality might be, but their midfield was run through and passed through time and time again last season, with him as the main holding midfielder. It wasn't until Soucek arrived that their midfield improved. 

If Rice wasn't "English", he would be worth £20 million, at most.

Its crazy how many times i see this from west ham fans, hes really not very highly rated by any west ham fan ive spoke to, if he wasnt english as said before, hed be even lesser rated!

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

👀

I don't watch much European football these days so I judge rumoured signings based on their progressive carries leading to xG score.

Teams lining up for Messi.

Posted Images

Rice is an above average player and that's about it really. He doesn't do anything spectacular but he's athletic,  breaks play up very well and can pick a pass out that keeps the midfield moving. I think because of the hype and his declaration for England have made expectations of the sort of player he is a bit too high.  He'll do a fantastic job as a defensive midfielder and could become a very good centre back but his price will be vastly inflated whenever he does move. He's young and hyped in an era where England are especially weak in his position. I think his long term position will be as a centre back though and he won't ever be anything spectacular.

Also he's a cunt.

2 hours ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

Probably not much to it, but a lot of reports making the rounds that Mbappe has apparently told PSG he wants to leave the club Summer 2021

His contract expires in 2022 and I think most people were expecting him to make the leap to Real Madrid when that time came close. The big question is what happens if/when PSG tells him that they will just pay him more money than Real.

7 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Relevant

@TCO, drink it in.

Been doing the rounds on a few group chats here already! He was especially bad yesterday, hopeless even. Kalvin Phillips and Issac Hayden are both looking like better options for England really.

Utd and Spurs are battling for Reguilon.

Reguilon has agreed terms with Utd but we're refusing to pay the 30m fee, and won't let Real Madrid buy him back if he's actually half decent. Spurs are willing to do both though, so may well be favourites now.

Yeh I wouldn't wanna let Madrid have a buy back clause. Simply a case of develop this player for us a bit more and if he turns into something we'll have him back. 

Think United are doing the right thing by not agreeing to it. 

Of course it could be for a stupid fee but I'm not a fan of being the team signing a player with a buy back clause

2 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Yeh I wouldn't wanna let Madrid have a buy back clause. Simply a case of develop this player for us a bit more and if he turns into something we'll have him back. 

Think United are doing the right thing by not agreeing to it. 

Of course it could be for a stupid fee but I'm not a fan of being the team signing a player with a buy back clause

Yeah, I want Reguilon. But not if Real are simply going to ask for him back in 2 years time. Chances are Reguilon would want the move as well, so it's a glorified 30m loan basically.

I'd happily swap Bale for Alli for a season or two. I think Dele would relish being able to be more flamboyant in a more attacking, less challenging league.

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

Yeah, I want Reguilon. But not if Real are simply going to ask for him back in 2 years time. Chances are Reguilon would want the move as well, so it's a glorified 30m loan basically.

I’m kind of okay with these kinds of deals. Generally, if the bigger team wants him back, it means that the player lived up to expectations, or exceeded them. And that can only be a good thing for the team that had him for a time.

48 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

I’m kind of okay with these kinds of deals. Generally, if the bigger team wants him back, it means that the player lived up to expectations, or exceeded them. And that can only be a good thing for the team that had him for a time.

I tend to disagree. A great left back goes for 60-80 million euros nowadays. The buy back clause on this deal is much much less than that - 35-40 million. Spurs will be developing Real's player for 18 months, two years, and won't really get compensated at market value for it.

Sergio Reguilon is arguably as good a left back as Lucas Hernandez, who Bayern paid 80 million euros for, and if he does well should definitely be at his level in 2 years time. Real are taking Spurs for mugs.

Just when I thought we might be able to write-off Spurs as a threat, they go for Bale.

That's nothing massively against Spurs by the way, it just seems all the other Big Six teams seem to be on the up and have improved in some significant way in 2020, whilst Spurs were going the other way.

I hope Bale does come back because wasting his career at Madrid is no good to anyone.

25 minutes ago, Adam said:

Just when I thought we might be able to write-off Spurs as a threat, they go for Bale.

That's nothing massively against Spurs by the way, it just seems all the other Big Six teams seem to be on the up and have improved in some significant way in 2020, whilst Spurs were going the other way.

I hope Bale does come back because wasting his career at Madrid is no good to anyone.

He's had an amazing time! Gets paid a load of cash to basically play golf

27 minutes ago, Adam said:

He's had an amazing time! Gets paid a load of cash to basically play golf

Martinez to Villa is pretty much confirmed. Really good deal that

1 hour ago, MadJack said:

A great left back goes for 60-80 million euros nowadays

Excuse me, we got the best left back in the league for 25m 😕

I hope Martinez excels at Villa. He gave us a genuine feel-good story at the end of such a strange season. I still think that he might actually be better than Leno, he doesn’t concede as many corners as he holds onto so much and is arguably better with the ball at his feet. 

Shame he never to be our number 1 for a sustained period of time. 

With that being said, sounds like we’ll be getting almost £20m for him plus rumours of a similar fee from Torino for Lucas Torreira which could result in seeing us go for Aouar from Lyon. 

• Like 2