Summer Transfer Window 2020

Lineker

If we get our rumoured business done I'm very optimistic about next season. Made a fair profit with a partial cashout of a top 6 bet last year, might do the same again...

Note: Not saying we'll finish top 6, but I have no worries about relegation.

It's looking like we're getting Max Lowe and Jayden Bogle from Derby for a combined £10m. Nice bit of cover for Stevens and Baldock respectively if that happens!

Although so far this summer, all West Ham have done is sell Grady Diagana, against his will, to West Brom, infuriating pretty much their entire fan base. He was having a great pre-season, wanted to stay and prove he could make it there, and a lot of fans were hoping to see him on the left wing opposite Bowen. Instead, he was sold.

So at least even when West Ham isn't spending millions, you can still count on them to be oh so West Ham

1 minute ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

Although so far this summer, all West Ham have done is sell Grady Diagana, against his will, to West Brom, infuriating pretty much their entire fan base. He was having a great pre-season, wanted to stay and prove he could make it there, and a lot of fans were hoping to see him on the left wing opposite Bowen. Instead, he was sold.

So at least even when West Ham isn't spending millions, you can still count on them to be oh so West Ham

They also seem to be on a Sisyphean chase of James Tarkowski, whom they don't really have the money for (or didn't, hence the sale of a highly rated youngster in Diagana) and who doesn't want to join.

The Tarkowski stuff smacks of the board being all 'don't blame us that we didn't spend any money, we tried'. Given the complete lack of interest from the player and Burnley in the move, they might as well be bidding for Mbappe and Steph Curry.

It is unfortunate, and I wish it wasn’t the case that fees were so high, but I do get it. We can’t complain that teams have been trying to lowball us for Grealish, and then lowball Brentford.

£28m is high, but given that the add ons are apparently international caps and goals and the like, if he triggers those, he’ll have likely done enough to justify the fee. It all goes back to every team looking for the same thing. We wanted Wilson and Diangana, we can’t let another target slip away so we have to make an offer that Brentford are okay with. 

Inflated fees in football just suck in general.