TEW20 Real World Update: July 2020

So here is the update for July, after last month now most of the big companies have their gimmicks set up in contracts, there are still some missing, mostly for lower level promotions that I don't follow too much so if you can help, this is a list of promotions I need gimmicks for. Then there has been all the fun and games going on the past month, firstly Chikara is now closed down, I know there has been a change in management with Progress, but until they start running shows again because right now we don't know what's going on and who's doing what. Then there is the allegations, I've added some changes, probably missed a few, if you notice anything missing just mention it, there was far too much to follow to get it all in and as I mentioned I was not really following it too deeply so things may have been missed. Other than that a few workers added (LIST), mostly workers from Gatoh Move and that large fellow that's in NXT that they had as the big ninja. But other than that just the usual updates for the month, nothing too dramatic, if something was missed mention it and I'll fix it for next month.

You may notice there is no updated graphics this month, two reasons, firstly I don't think I added much beyond a broadcaster logo, and secondly I'm overhauling the belt folder, long story short I'm getting new belt cuts and renaming the pictures to be more accurate to the pics, for example I'm splitting the WWE, WWF & WWWF titles under their respective names, same with Impact and TNA, most pics should still work bit I do think I changed a couple, I'll also be removing the placeholder images from the pack (Those black "No Pic" ones) and including belts that are not featured in the mod, when finisshed I'll likely do the same with the other folders areas of the pack, basically adding more options and turning it into a multi use pack.

Enjoy

Database: July 2020
Graphics: June 2020
Workers: June 2020

Worker Expansion: June 2020
Worker Expansion contains pictures of wrestlers holding titles, along with non wrestlers cut on the same background used for workers.

TEW Mods by TheWho87 are now on Discord

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is [Promotion] closed when they are active?
Due to how slow the game runs with more promotions active, I have included active promotions but have them closed, to identify these they have their opening date and closed date the same. To activate the promotion simply remove the closed date.

• Lineker featured and pinned this topic

WWE fixes:-

Spoiler

Worker changes:
Bianca Belair should be able to be a manager
Buddy Murphy -> Murphy (name has been just Murphy for months)
Mandy Rose to manage Otis
Samoa Joe is a colour commentator but currently unable to fulfill that role due to his contract
Zelina Vega should be able to be a wrestler but is currently unable to fulfill that role due to his contract

Injuries/Absences:
Roman Reigns out COVID-19
Kevin Owens out COVID-19
Sami Zayn out COVID-19
Probably best to put them on 2 months or something

Champions:
Sasha Banks and Bayley are WWE Women's Tag Team Champions since May 26

RAW commentators are: Tom Phillips, Byron Saxton and Samoa Joe

Tag Team/Stable Changes:
Break up Fire and Desire (broke up months ago)
The Boss 'n' Hug Connection are "The Golden Role Models"
Add Forgotten Sons (Wesley Blake and Steve Cutler) as a tag team (unit) with decent exp.
Andrade and Angel Garza as a tag team (individuals) with low exp.
Murphy and Austin Theory as a tag team (individuals) with low exp.
Seth Rollins, Murphy and Austin Theory as a stable
Cedric Alexander and Ricochet as a tag team (individuals) with low exp.
Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura as a tag team (individuals) with low exp.
Lucha House Party (Gran Metalik and Lince Dorado) as a tag team (unit) with good exp.
Shane Thorne and Brendan Vink as a tag team (unit) with low exp.

24 minutes ago, JMarushin said:

Why did the mod go from 328 companies in June to like 47ish in July? Just curious why so many were removed

Reset the search filter, it's an odd feature but it tends to "save" the search filters, I tent to filter promotions to being active for ease of search while editing.

• Thanks 1

I am going to be adding a whole bunch of workers from Thrash Wrestling in BC to the database for a personal game. Would you like me to send you the information so that they can be added to the database for future updates?

Also, if you're interested in adding another BC based promotion, I can keep you updated on them moving forward. They run shows regularly where I live and operate out of the interior of BC. ECCW and most other companies in the province are mostly Vancouver-area based.

Black Dragon is probably the biggest name that works for them as a regular, but they have brought in larger names like Silas Young recently.

1 hour ago, Gabriel said:

I am going to be adding a whole bunch of workers from Thrash Wrestling in BC to the database for a personal game. Would you like me to send you the information so that they can be added to the database for future updates?

Also, if you're interested in adding another BC based promotion, I can keep you updated on them moving forward. They run shows regularly where I live and operate out of the interior of BC. ECCW and most other companies in the province are mostly Vancouver-area based.

Black Dragon is probably the biggest name that works for them as a regular, but they have brought in larger names like Silas Young recently.

How many you adding cause I could look into adding the info to the mod, their mostly on cagematch so not that hard.

Judging by a recent interview from Samoa Joe this week, I'm wondering if Joe should be fully transitioned to colour commentator. That's the feeling I had while I read that interview.

9 hours ago, TheWho87 said:

How many you adding cause I could look into adding the info to the mod, their mostly on cagematch so not that hard.

I have 23 people on my list to add to the game currently. Realistically though, there are 16 of them who need to be added to the database who are regulars with the company, including the owner, who also wrestles.

1 hour ago, Gabriel said:

I have 23 people on my list to add to the game currently. Realistically though, there are 16 of them who need to be added to the database who are regulars with the company, including the owner, who also wrestles.

I'll look into adding a few of them to the mod, I'm not going to shut down/switch promotion till things get active again unless they openly shut down like Chikara or bought out like EVOLVE.

Adding to that maybe you'd be interested in these, I'll look into adding them to the mod at some point too.

q5ZoMNX.jpg2jobR5d.jpgbyFEhJH.jpgkCyoyBA.jpgNcxdOVs.jpgk4FzhAL.jpg

Also if you want to use the mod as a base for an all Canada active mod feel free, I wouldent mind seeing something like that, or for any other region if someone is willing to do it, I've got the BritWres one in the pipeline myself.

Edited by TheWho87
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheWho87 said:

I'll look into adding a few of them to the mod, I'm not going to shut down/switch promotion till things get active again unless they openly shut down like Chikara or bought out like EVOLVE.

Adding to that maybe you'd be interested in these, I'll look into adding them to the mod at some point too.

q5ZoMNX.jpg2jobR5d.jpgbyFEhJH.jpgkCyoyBA.jpgNcxdOVs.jpgk4FzhAL.jpg

Also if you want to use the mod as a base for an all Canada active mod feel free, I wouldent mind seeing something like that, or for any other region if someone is willing to do it, I've got the BritWres one in the pipeline myself.

After I get the first beta out for my 2002 mod, I will work on a Mod Extension for the BC scene for sure. After I finish adding everyone that I'm wanting to from Thrash, I will send you the data so that you can add in whoever it is that you're wanting to add to the standard database.

I suppose it's worth noting that Invasion Championship Wrestling isn't so much a promotion as it is a series of charity events. They usually do four or so shows a year, and have no championships of their own. It's mostly wrestlers from the Okanagan, a few wrestlers from the Vancouver area and a special guest or two.

Michelle Starr's All-Star Wrestling is also fantastic, based on the coast.

If I was to close ECCW I think ASW would be the first alternative for that area.

Those logos were the active promotions for the region that I didn't already have.

EDIT

On the whole WWE/EVOLVE note, since it's seems to have been confirmed WWE bought out EVOLVE, I'll look into making DEFY active and setting up their roster to replace EVOLVE.

Edited by TheWho87
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Forky said:

Soooo....have you tried to book a WWE show? Holy shit! You would literally have to front end every show with like 4 people in order to not get kicked off television.

Pretty sure I set their requirements low enough that you didn't need to worry till you negotiate the contracts.

1 minute ago, TheWho87 said:

Pretty sure I set their requirements low enough that you didn't need to worry till you negotiate the contracts.

I'll let you know if I get that far. I booked a Raw and got a 31 with an R-Truth segment being my second highest segment out of the entire show.

Yeah, I gonna also have to adjust my requirements too. Booked a Smackdown with Daniel Bryan involved in a match and his segment was the highest....46.

31 minutes ago, Forky said:

I'll let you know if I get that far. I booked a Raw and got a 31 with an R-Truth segment being my second highest segment out of the entire show.

Also check through the product requirements, that may help get your numbers up, aiming for the targets required by the product. The key thing for WWE would be storylines, you need to have them for all you top matches, that's why I've put the show requirements low to allow you to get them going before getting booted off TV, just checking you need to hit a minimum of a 50 rated show for broadcasters to be happy, which from feedback from someone who played WWE for a couple months was an achievable challenge for them, I could drop it down to 40 though.

Although there is the other "quick fix" of just boosting pop, I do admit I rate pop low and for some they like the realistic challenge from that, for others things like running WWE can be hard, which I can agree with, the thing is WWE can pull steady numbers but I'd argue it's mostly from the fact their talent is on 3 levels, the main talent, the ones you forget are there and then the homogeneous lump of everyone else in this middle ground.