MLB 2020/2021 Off-Season Thread

The Buscher

I know we always joke about certain rules driving us away from different sports, etc but I think this extra inning rule with an automatic running on second is where even I will draw the line.

I understand they’re going out of their way to avoid marathon games when they’re having to play 60 games in 66 days.  But if this actually becomes a permanent thing in a normal season, I’m out.  That’s not how baseball is supposed to be played.

35 minutes ago, B-li Manning said:

I know we always joke about certain rules driving us away from different sports,

This is the one that did it for me:

Spitting is prohibited (including but not limited to, saliva, sunflower seeds or peanut shells, or tobacco) at all times in club facilities.  Chewing gum is permitted. 

40 minutes ago, B-li Manning said:

I know we always joke about certain rules driving us away from different sports, etc but I think this extra inning rule with an automatic running on second is where even I will draw the line.

I understand they’re going out of their way to avoid marathon games when they’re having to play 60 games in 66 days.  But if this actually becomes a permanent thing in a normal season, I’m out.  That’s not how baseball is supposed to be played.

I wish they / other leagues would embrace ties. Especially during covid.

The game always finds a winner.  The rules were specifically implemented this year to avoid absurdly long games since players are already going to be gassed trying to play 60 games with barely any off days.

For what it’s worth, the minor league stats support it.  97% of extra inning games with the automatic runner rule end within two innings.

But it can’t be a thing next year if they play a full season.  It’s not baseball.

• Like 1

• Lineker changed the title to MLB 2020