MLB 2020/2021 Off-Season Thread

The Buscher

9 hours ago, Meacon Keaton said:

Honestly, I'm ok with that over Curt Schilling getting in all by himself. Fuck that guy. 

A-Rod and Papi eligible next year. Would be something if Papi gets in before Schilling, Bonds and Clemens 

11 hours ago, DanishmadePunk said:

A-Rod and Papi eligible next year. Would be something if Papi gets in before Schilling, Bonds and Clemens 

Not sure if/when A-Roid will get in. But there will probably be riots in Boston if Big Papi doesn't get in.

I'm stunned the Mets got ANYTHING for Matz.  He is horrendous.

That said, I won't hold my breath on Bauer.  Ever since the rumors around him really kicked off a few days ago, a bunch of the NY baseball writers have put out hit pieces on him saying his Twitter stuff should be disqualifying for a team that just had to fire its GM over conduct.

Matz is coming off a horrendous year, for sure, but I trust the Blue Jays' coaching staff... and if they could help Robbie Ray and the countless others who have seen the benefits of their knowledge, and they believe in Matz, then I can get behind the move.

They needed to open up a roster spot for Semien anyways, and the pieces that went to New York are guys that were bubble players on the 40-man at best. Plus, there's no guarantee that Matz stays in the rotation if he struggles. We've got young arms that will be starting at AAA this year, who worked out of our bullpen last season and performed admirably under the circumstances. It won't be long until they're knocking on the door of the rotation anyways, even if there's another rotation add before the season begins.

An article on Sportsnet brought up that the Jays have, relatively quietly, positioned themselves very well this off-season. I believe they've been ranked in the top five for offense and have now slid their way up to a 7th place ranking in regards to pitching, based on expected WAR numbers.

Do any of my Canadian friends know whether I can stream games on the Sportsnet app without having any kind of other subscription? I've said every year that I'm going to keep up with Baseball but I'm mostly parked in front of my computer rather than my television.

17 minutes ago, Forky said:

Do any of my Canadian friends know whether I can stream games on the Sportsnet app without having any kind of other subscription? I've said every year that I'm going to keep up with Baseball but I'm mostly parked in front of my computer rather than my television.

You'd have to subscribe to Sportsnet Now, which I believe is $10 a month, and from what I've read offers the same thing that the TV package does. So if it's just Jays games you want, you should get them all. If you're wanting hockey too, regional restrictions will apply.

I would have grabbed it for hockey, but I don't want to watch the god damn Canucks.

Joc Pederson signs with the Cubs for one-year $7 million.

I knew the Yanks were going to always prefer to bring back Brett Gardner instead, but Joc hitting in Yankee stadium would’ve been my preference.

Also talks are heating up regarding Nolan Arenado to St Louis. Maybe the Cardinals are ready to dominate the Central once again.

30 minutes ago, damshow said:

Dave Portnoy bullied Steve Cohen off of Twitter because that's the world we live in.

What happened?

22 minutes ago, Buschie Lee said:

And there it is, Nolan Arenado to the Cardinals 

Is it done? I got an alert from my MLB.tv account saying "ROCKIES/CARDINALS NEARING TRADE (trade is not done)" 

1 minute ago, Meacon Keaton said:

What happened?

Nevermind. I just googled it. Not as exciting as I'd hoped.