TEW20 Real World Update: August 2020

So here is the update for August, main change this month has been closing down Evolve, since by all reports they got sold to WWE at the beginning of the month, I moved Gabe over to NXT, I'm going to look at replacing Evolve with DEFY, although I may hold off making new promotions active till promotions start getting active again. It's also been a month since asking for some views on gimmicks for promotions I don't fully follow (click here for the list of promotions ), sor for next month I'm going to fill all missing gimmicks with something to cut down errors, if anyone follows these promotions and can offer ideas I'll add them in. Beyond that it's been the usual changes and updated of the month, I've added a few new workers (LIST), mostly filling in games for AEW and a few others that were mentioned to me.

You may notice there is no updated graphics again this month, I've been working on updating belt images and have releasewhat I've done so far (DOWNLOAD), I'm still missing a few belts from my old pack that I want to get done before fully converting. Also I'm looking into updating my broadcaster images, making it more of a fully resource pack for other mods I may do, along with anyone who wished to use them.

Enjoy

Database: August 2020
Graphics: June 2020
Workers: June 2020

Worker Expansion: June 2020
Worker Expansion contains pictures of wrestlers holding titles, along with non wrestlers cut on the same background used for workers.

TEW Mods by TheWho87 are now on Discord

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is [Promotion] closed when they are active?
Due to how slow the game runs with more promotions active, I have included active promotions but have them closed, to identify these they have their opening date and closed date the same. To activate the promotion simply remove the closed date.

• Lineker pinned and featured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

So AEW fixes below. One thing I've noticed is that it is really hard to play as AEW. Most people have poor stats and get booed by the vocal crowd which is incorrect (eg. someone like Darby Allin, who is one of the most over workers in the company, gets booed because of his stats). The solution is to either go through and make adjustments to the stats of basically every worker under contract or change the product to something else that doesn't have a high pass mark for stats but I'm not sure what actually suits AEW besides Wrestling Nerd Nirvana... Anyway, changes below.

Spoiler

Change Anna Jay to Heel and gimmick to Member of the Dark Order
Change Cash Wheeler to Face (Maybe, they've been on the Elite's side so far)
Change Dax Harwood to Face (Maybe, they've been on the Elite's side so far)
Change Christopher Daniels to Face
Change Frankie Kazarian to Face
Change Scorpio Sky to Face
Possibly remove El Lindaman (Inactive due to COVID, not on website roster)
Possibly remove T-Hawk (Inactive due to COVID, not on website roster)
Change Isiah Kassidy to Face
Change Marq Quen to Face
Remove Jeff Cobb (Was only in company for two shows)
Change Matt Hardy to Face
Add Matt Hardy as Isiah Kassidy and Marq Quen's manager
Change Tanea Brooks name to Rebel activate as wrestler and manager, make manager of Britt Baker, change to heel and give a Lackey gimmick
Change The Bunny to Face with Fan Favourite gimmick, change name to Allie remove as manager of The Butcher and The Blade
Add Dustin Rhodes as Allie and Brandi Rhodes' manager
Change Taz to Heel and gimmick to FTW Manager/something similar
Add the FTW Championship and give it to Brian Cage
Change #FTR to FTR
Change Los Gueros del Cielo to The Hybrid2
Change So Cal Uncensored I to SCU I
Change So Cal Uncensored II to SCU II add SCU Later as finisher
Change The Addiction to SCU III
Change The Private Party to Private Party
Add Austin and Billy Gunn as The Gunn Club (Individuals)
Add Allie and Brandi Rhodes as The Nightmare Sisters (Individuals)
Add Joey Janela and Sonny Kiss as Janela & Kiss (Individuals)
Add MJF and Wardlow as MJF & Wardlow (Individuals)
Add Santana & Ortiz as Santana & Ortiz (Permanent Unit)
Increase Lucha Bros experience (they're real life brothers and know each other inside out so deserve more than 25). Add finisher as Package Piledriver/Double Footstomp Combo
Change The Rhodes Brothers to The Brotherhood
Add Jimmy Havoc and Kip Sabian as The SuperBad Squad (Individuals)
Add The Last Shot as Page & Omega's finisher
Increase Best Friends experience to at least 50
Add Strong Zero as Best Friends finisher
Add Peter Avalon and Brandon Cutler as The Initiative
Change AEW Dark announcers to Excalibur and Taz
EDIT: Oh and add Mike Chioda and Mike Posey as referees, maybe increase Aubrey's refereeing stat as 45 seems really harsh on her, she's really not that bad
EDIT 2: AEW also have deals with Fite.tv to air all their PPV's/TV on demand in all areas outside the US and Canada, so they should probably be added in as well

FYI I'm going through all teams and updating their experience, the old formula was based on 1 tag match = 1 experience, so now it's a slider field that's what I'm setting them to, everyone with experience has been done so far, just need to update those specifically with 0 experience.

Dragon Gate

Open the Dream Gate is Eita (won on August 2, 2020)
Open The Twin Gate is Jason Lee & Kota Minoura (won on August 2, 2020)
Open The Triangle Gate is Ben-K, Dragon Dia & Strong Machine J (won on February 29, 2020)

Now as far as gimmicks, I honestly just started watching Dragon Gate so I'm not going to be able to help with everyone of course, but I'll give you the ones that I can see at the moment and as I learn more, I'll try to help with this.

BxB Hulk - Arrogant (Swagger) / Rockstar could also work but he's slowed down so I think Arrogant probably fits more.
Don Fuji - I would probably give him Raging Bull (Realistic) since Surly Old Bastard doesn't seem to be an option. He's like DG's version of Minoru Suzuki
Dragon Kid - Family Tradition or Masked Wrestler 
Big R Shimizu - First of all, what the fuck is up with the picture you have. That has got to be super old. This is him currently:
PUROLOVE.com

He's basically your standard bad ass big man of R.E.D
Eita should be a heel and should have a cocky or arrogant gimmick
Gamma is probably an old school comedy worker
Jason Lee - It's very hard to determine face/heel divide in DG because honestly the only heels are in R.E.D. Jason Lee isn't technically a heel. His gimmick would be a martial artist under Legitamate.
KAZMA is basically a Dominate Dick heel actually Evil Incarnate would work for him as an Occult/Mysterious style gimmick
KZY is a rapper (swagger)
Masato Yoshino is a show stealer type with swagger
Mondai Ryu mainly goes by Problem Dragon at the moment. Masked Wrestler would probably fit him as well. 
Naruki Doi is currently a face. I'd probably give him a cocky face/rockstar type gimmick
Punch Tominaga is mostly a comedy wrestler. That's pretty much the gimmick.
Stalker Ichikawa is now known as Kono Mama Ichikawa and is mostly a comedy wrestler. I'd give him the Weirdo gimmick under Gimmicky probably. He should also be in Toryumon
Keisuke Okuda should be on the roster as a realistic MMA style fighter. I'd say he's a face. He should be part of the Dragon Gate faction.
Ultimo Dragon should be a legend
Yosuke Santa Maria is an exotico
Diamante is an enforcer type. Probably Bad Ass for him.
Ryo Saito should be in Toryumon
Shuji Kondo should be in Toryumon
Super Shisa should be in Toryumon

Naruki Doi and Masato Yoshino should be a team as Speed Muscle
Genki Horiguchi and Ryo Saito should be a team as Maraha Isappa

Dragon Dia should be in Dragon Gate Stable
Shun Skywalker should be removed from Dragon Gate stable
Susumu Yokosuka should be removed from Dragon Gate Stable
Strong Machine J should be added to Dragon Gate stable
Yuki Yoshiaoka should be removed from Dragon Gate stable. He's actually on excursion.

Ben-K needs to be removed from R.E.D
Diamante needs to be added to R.E.D
HYO needs to be added to R.E.D
Kaito Ishida needs to be removed from Dragon Gate added to R.E.D and turned heel
Yasushi Kanda needs to be removed from R.E.D

Jason Lee & Kota Minoura should be a tag team with low experience
HYO should be a heel
Shun Skywalker is currently on an excursion to Mexico but he should also be a heel.

So yeah, that's what I've gathered after 3 or 4 shows. I'll try to keep you more up to date with what I learn as I go because I plan to continue following DG for awhile.

I think Shun Skywalker is still face in Dragon Gate though when he returns, who knows. This is since a number of returning wrestlers go heel. I would keep him face but he is on leave. He maybe heel in DTU but that dont reflect DG.

Monday Ryu/Problem Dragon has been a masked comedy wrestler, even as a heel member of Mad Blankey.

Kono Mama Ichikawa is kind of a mix of Barry Horowitz and Santino Marella. A comedy perennial jobber. Not sure on TEW gimmicks but whatever fits this mix.

Diamante is basically a rudo, a Mexican wrestling heel from what I've seen.

Also Ho Ho Lun should be added 5o Dragon Gate. I know he would be a face but not sure on gimmick.

3 minutes ago, mkpunk said:

I think Shun Skywalker is still face in Dragon Gate though when he returns, who knows. This is since a number of returning wrestlers go heel. I would keep him face but he is on leave. He maybe heel in DTU but that dont reflect DG.

Shun's last appearance was basically blowing off Ben-K's handshake and walking away after getting pinned by him. I guess that doesn't necessarily mean a turn but it's a pretty heelish tactic. He could still be a face I guess.

I just realized that Shuji Kondo isn't actually on the roster and should be. I'd say he's a face with a Dominant gimmick though I'm not sure what you'd call his gimmick. He wears tassles like Ultimate Warrior and he's a beefy bad ass type of guy.

Sora Fujikawa and Modoka Kikuta are basically Young Lions in DG with no real gimmick. They aren't even in the database so would need to be added.

I was looking to update/upgrad my broadcasters and in doing so has moved over to a different style, simple plain basic logos, I'm also naming them with the year the logo as used to be helpful when doing historical mods or if anyone else wishes to use them.

Here is a small preview with a general cross section of image styles.

XirZbr5.jpg

• Like 2

On 16/08/2020 at 18:40, TheWho87 said:

I was looking to update/upgrad my broadcasters and in doing so has moved over to a different style, simple plain basic logos, I'm also naming them with the year the logo as used to be helpful when doing historical mods or if anyone else wishes to use them.

Here is a small preview with a general cross section of image styles.

XirZbr5.jpg

So this is just excellent who. I like the simpler logos they really pop, find the grey backgrounds almost take away from some of the cool logos and their brand colours etc, this looks really sleak. I know it’s a lot of work doing these so kudos, would love to see the promotion logos go this way eventually too. 

5 hours ago, JohnnyNitro said:

So this is just excellent who. I like the simpler logos they really pop, find the grey backgrounds almost take away from some of the cool logos and their brand colours etc, this looks really sleak. I know it’s a lot of work doing these so kudos, would love to see the promotion logos go this way eventually too. 

Promotion and other logos are currently being work on, I'm going to try and cover everything in the mod before switching over, although I'm not touching worker pics, I don't have time to do those.

You can find the currently updated packs here, they won't fully work with the mod yet, I'll release a combined pack and announce when it does.

Just going through the thread updating the mod.

I don't think some of you still understand how gimmicks work now, you can name them ANYTHING you want, so @ForkyI took some of your descriptions literally

pbWKJwF.jpg

Since there is a PPV tonight and Raw tomorrow the next update should be up some time Tuesday, there won't be a graphics pack again as I'm still working on it, but hopefully the new cleaner logos should be ready for September, and no I'm not redoing workers, nobody has time for that!

I wasn't specifically targeting that towards you just saying in general, also with giving teams "low/medium/high" experience is not pointless as it's become a numerical slider from 0-100, although I have gone though and updated all teams for the next release.

Since your updating the database, heres some Impact Wrestling cleanup - 

Remove --

- Father James Mitchell -- They killed him off in storyline a while ago, dont see them re-using him anytime soon.

- Mike Posey - Referee who hasn't worked there in a while. Brandon Tolle confirmed on twitter the current referees are just him and a new guy from OVW called Daniel Spencer. The other ref currently with them in your DB is Harry Demerjian, they seem to use them each time they run a show in Canada but its been a while so id probably leave him on the roster as PPA anyway. 

- Glenn Gilbertti - Disco hasnt worked a show for them in a good while now, he tends to be a one shot sort of thing like Shark Boy etc, remove him. 

- Jade Chung - I dont recall Jade competing with Impact? I could be wrong. Perhaps she's added as she presents the twitch stream with her husband Josh Alexander? if thats the case them ignore and keep her on there. 

Add

- Daniel Spencer - Referee from Louisville, KY. Copy the stats of Mike Posey or Brandon Tolle. Age and Debut dates etc here https://ovwrestling.com/about-us/announcing-management-team/daniel-spencer/

- Caleb Konley under the Suicide gimmick - hes been performing under the hood on the weekly tv's for a while now. 

Set the Broadcaster Frontrunner to closed. It folded in January 2020 and is no longer broadcasting.

https://www.f4wonline.com/mlw-news/m...al-dazn-312911
Add a broadcast deal for MLW Fusion and DAZN - On Demand, 20% to Co, Min Quality 33

Remove the broadcasting deal between Impact and Ran Fighting, that deal has expired and they no longer air on there.

Not sure if your planning to add indian broadcasters but if so add a broadcasting deal between Impact and Sony Ten 2 - it airs on Sundays at 3pm there. 

Edited by JohnnyNitro
few more tv updates i forgot.

1 hour ago, JohnnyNitro said:

Not sure if your planning to add indian broadcasters but if so add a broadcasting deal between Impact and Sony Ten 2 - it airs on Sundays at 3pm there. 

I see not point having India active until I start populating it with workers and/or a promotion, till then it's staying off.

23 hours ago, JohnnyNitro said:

- Caleb Konley under the Suicide gimmick - hes been performing under the hood on the weekly tv's for a while now.

Is there any confirmation it's Konley? I've seen info on A Suicide, just nothing connecting it to a single person, especally as Konley was open that he left Impact.

• Lineker unfeatured and unpinned this topic