NFL 2020

Lineker

1 hour ago, B-li Manning said:

Rams pretty much had no choice after making that trade.  But between Ramsey, Donald, and Goff not to mention the dead money they had to eat on some other deals they're firmly in cap hell after this year....especially since it's expected to go down due to loss of ticket revenue.

Yeah this is worrying me a ton as a Raven fan. Stanley has to make more than Tunsil, Humphrey more than Ramsey, and Lamar is going to get above Watson money (they won't give him the length of Mahomes but will give him more per year than Watson). With the cap dropping and these outrageous deals going in place now they have a likelihood to upset a lot of their players.

I still maintain NFL needs something like Bird rights so that teams that draft well can have some level of relief when signing their players to lucrative deals, but the shitty owners like Mike Brown will constantly whine.

1 hour ago, DMN said:

It's amazing how quickly the Rams managed to slam their window shut.

They clearly had a plan to compete or win the Super Bowl the season before their new stadium opened and then that opening got delayed a year. And now, thanks to Covid, can't even have fans at their games this year. By the time fans come to see them it'll be Goff, Ramsey, one year of Aaron Donald, and a bunch of nobodies.

They need to remove QB salaries from counting towards the cap, that's for sure.  The floor for QB deals is going to be $35 million a year going forward, that's just ridiculous and isn't sustainable.   It's either lose your most marketable player or pay them and kneecap your teams chance of success going forward.  I don't think anyone wants an NFL where 90% of the teams that are contenders are teams with QBs on rookie deals, and you have to worry your team's window is slamming shut when its time to re-sign them.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, damsher hatfield said:

They clearly had a plan to compete or win the Super Bowl the season before their new stadium opened and then that opening got delayed a year. And now, thanks to Covid, can't even have fans at their games this year. By the time fans come to see them it'll be Goff, Ramsey, one year of Aaron Donald, and a bunch of nobodies.

Luckily the Chargers brought their luck with them when they came up from San Diego, so they're not really in position to win the Battle of Los Angeles either.

3 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Of course the fans booed the moment of unity.

Of course the fans are still doing the Tomahawk chop. 

Feel like there was a decent cheer after the moment of unity.  Problem is of course you’re only gonna hear the idiots booing during a moment of silence.

Still wayyyy more people there than I’m comfortable with.  Guess we’ll know in a few weeks what the ramifications are for any team allowing limited fans this week.

God I missed football

• Like 1