NFL 2020

Lineker

1 hour ago, damsher hatfield said:

I think if there was a time they were winning with Stafford it already came and went. They shouldn't be dumb though and take a QB for the sake of taking a QB in the draft. Let that next franchise QB fall into their laps while they rebuild the rest.

It was clear for 2-3 years that Joe Flacco's time as Ravens starter was drawing to a close but they waited their time until Lamar fell into their laps. The Chiefs knew they were going to have to move on from Alex Smith and had the perfect shot to grab Mahomes and took it. The Seahawks and Cowboys weren't looking for immediate QB help and fell into Wilson and Prescott. Plenty of ways to find that franchise QB and rarely is it "suck, draft one, and build the team around him next". Better to approach it from the direction of just drafting the best players you can until that QB does show up. And if Stafford's not part of that stage between now and the next franchise QB they shouldn't panic and should just sign any number of okay backup QBs to take snaps under center.

Sadly the next Lions coach and GM will probably also panic and the cycle will continue.

All true, they need playmakers on defense. I mean unless they get the #1 pick, I'm trying to take the best playmaker on defense. Our OLine looked alright yesterday surprisingly.

Get the foundation right first, maybe snag a QB here and there in middle rounds if a prospect looks good (never bad to take a chance here in maybe round 3 - 5). 

Aside from that last drive the Giants D has been impressing me. A lot of movement and a lot of quickness - especially from Lorenzo Carter.

The Offense on the other hand looks like an offensive line that was just put together and playing it's first real game against a tough Steelers defense. I'm optimistic we won't embarrass ourselves tonight.

21 minutes ago, Maxx said:

This commentary team is good they should hire them for Monday Night Football

Way to jinx it - here's Booger at halftime!

Edited by DYSI

He adjusted well in the second half and we had a really solid first drive up until a tip drill INT in the redzone. It's just a matter of this OL gelling because we've had way too many open rushers early in the first half with our new tackles looking lost out there. Adding that extra TE in for blocking has made a difference but we can't get anything on the ground still and it's leaving us really one dimensional. 

Let's just rewind where we draft Zach Martin instead of Odell and maybe we wouldn't look as bad upfront.. 

I don’t think it matters who is calling the plays for the Giants, there seems to be a direct call from the front office to force the ball to Saquon no matter how much it isn’t working that day.

The announcers talking up Saquon’s 4 YPC average last year, but he has so many games where he runs for 1 or 2 yards or even negative yards multiple times and then busts out a 70 yarder that makes his day look better than it really was.  You’re not gonna win building your offense around that.

Giants can't understand the rub route for another easy TD.

Atleast I have JuJu in fantasy making my loss look acceptable this week. >_>

1 minute ago, B-li Manning said:

I don’t think it matters who is calling the plays for the Giants, there seems to be a direct call from the front office to force the ball to Saquon no matter how much it isn’t working that day.

The announcers talking up Saquon’s 4 YPC average last year, but he has so many games where he runs for 1 or 2 yards or even negative yards multiple times and then busts out a 70 yarder that makes his day look better than it really was.  You’re not gonna win building your offense around that.

I mean you got to atleast try and get the running game going.. but it's just not. I think it's a combination of this Steelers D being that tough (esp Dupree) and our line being that incohesive without a pre-season. Plus he's our best offensive weapon so I won't argue with trying to feed your best player.

Now if we were trying to give Wayne Gallman 30 touches...

5 minutes ago, B-li Manning said:

I’m just tired of seeing 2nd and 6 - RUN THE BALL FOR NO GAIN multiple times a game.  It kills drives dead.

👏👏👏

hey @Mr. Meacon Moneybags did your guys switch back to wearing blue again?