NFL 2020

Lineker

16 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Who wouldn't want the RB now splitting carries with Dion Lewis behind an offensive line that couldn't get Saquon Barkley more than 1.0 YPC?!

John Elway should be fired for this as well. 

• Like 1

I'd like to see them use Wayne Gallman but I don't think it'll happen.  I liked him a lot in his rookie year but then his role basically got eliminated after Barkley was drafted.  Pat Shurmur obviously didn't like him as he didn't really give him any extra work even as Barkley missed three starts last year.

Hell Judge made him a healthy scratch this weekend and decided to go into the game with only two RBs active.  Reportedly this was because Gallman doesn't play special teams.  Judge has a special teams background so even more than other teams if you're a third string anything and don't contribute on specials, you're probably not suiting up.

56 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Broncos legend Trevor Siemien.

Drew Stanton

Landry Jones

Matt McGloin

Cardale Jones

Cody Kessler

Clayton Thorson

All clearly better than a guy who had a 4,000 yard 35 TD season, and started more games than all of those guys combined.

Shit, Elway has some real studs in that group.

5 hours ago, Mr. Meacon Moneybags said:

Yeah, Elway has done some head scratchers, but signing Bortles to back up Driskell for a month is what it is.

5 hours ago, Maxx said:

Nah John Elway should totally be fired because he opted not to proceed with 1 QB on his roster and instead signed the best available free agent to serve as a backup.  What kind of an idiot does something like that?

4 hours ago, Maxx said:

Drew Stanton

Landry Jones

Matt McGloin

Cardale Jones

Cody Kessler

Clayton Thorson

All clearly better than a guy who had a 4,000 yard 35 TD season, and started more games than all of those guys combined.

Yeah, but how tall is Bortles? We all know John Elway don't want no short QB.

7 hours ago, Maxx said:

Drew Stanton

Landry Jones

Matt McGloin

Cardale Jones

Cody Kessler

Clayton Thorson

Don't forget Canton bound Paxton Lynch!

• Like 1

That must have been ridiculously painful too. Bleurgh. 

I guess its Herbert time at the Chargers now. He did okay in the first week, might be fine been thrown in at the deep end. 

5 hours ago, Maxx said:

Justin Herbert looks like the kid that swears up and down that he didn't TP your house, and when you let him go he goes back to his group of friends and laughs and smiles a cigarette. 

Bruce Arians did an interview this week and said in no uncertain terms that his offense is not built for tight ends to get very many targets.  "We count on our tight ends to be good run blockers.  If we're throwing the ball 50 times a day, it will be to our receivers."

This was already pretty well known when you look at how Howard and Brate were used last year, and both guys are still on the roster now.  Makes it all the more a head scratcher that they had to trade a 4th rounder to bring Gronk in just to appease Brady when there are clearly no plans to use him in the Arians offense.

Eh - I mean, yeah they could have used that 4th for something, but I think it was an alright move as a failsafe for Brady. Arians' offense may be built that way but if they struggle, they've got Gronk they can unleash to add a new dimension to their offense. Always the possibility that that is Coachspeak to try and lure opposing defense into forgetting about Gronk until they need him to step up in a game.