Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

I feel I understand the offside rule (and that was definitely the right decision) but Peter Walton definitely makes me doubt myself. Can anyone explain what he was on about with "the defender deliberately played that back"? Surely the only salient point is that Richarlison didn't play the ball?

Phew, not just me.

20 minutes ago, Colly said:

I feel I understand the offside rule (and that was definitely the right decision) but Peter Walton definitely makes me doubt myself. Can anyone explain what he was on about with "the defender deliberately played that back"? Surely the only salient point is that Richarlison didn't play the ball?

Phew, not just me.

Peter Walton talking rubbish, nothing new.

Nice of West Brom to decide they wanted to throw the game. Lovely goal by Rodriguez though - very few players could score like that from there.

15 hours ago, Lineker said:

Sergio Aguero out injured for a further two months.

You have to presume that Alan Shearer's status as the all-time top PL goalscorer will remain intact for now then. Aguero's already 32 years old and would need another three 25+ goal seasons to stand a chance. Even Harry Kane will struggle to get there unless he stays fit enough to bag 20-30 goals a season for the rest of his career.