Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

Yeah, as an American I of course support Tim Ream, but he is not a Premier League CB, not even for a bottom side. He's a Championship level CB. Fulham need a CB if they're going to stay up because him/Hector/Le Marchand screams "certain to be relegated"

Still can't believe Fulham paid £20 million for Alfie Mawson just 2 years ago and now he's on loan to a Championship club.

Oof, and now Hector shows unbelievably bad set pieces defending

24 minutes ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

Yeah, as an American I of course support Tim Ream, but he is not a Premier League CB, not even for a bottom side. He's a Championship level CB. Fulham need a CB if they're going to stay up because him/Hector/Le Marchand screams "certain to be relegated"

Still can't believe Fulham paid £20 million for Alfie Mawson just 2 years ago and now he's on loan to a Championship club.

Oof, and now Hector shows unbelievably bad set pieces defending

Mawson has knees or ankles made of glass. That is his ultimate issue.

• Thanks 1

People are going to doom and gloom merchant about that result, especially fans of other clubs as is their want to do. However:

- Arsenal are a good team now - it is what it is

- The gap is pretty significant between Premiership and Championship

- We played none of our new signings

- Our best player is unfit

- We had little time to prepare for a season in the Premiership

- We'd be expected/expecting to lose to Arsenal irrelevant for the most part

I'm not saying things will suddenly get better with a few different players in, but the team we started with today won't be the team we play even as early as next Saturday. It isn't whether we beat the Arsenals of this division anyway, it is what we do against West Ham and Crystal Palace and Brighton, etc. The defence definitely needs fixing, but a competitive first half was good to see, though the early goal was always likely to end up with us shipping a couple more I felt.

The season will be hard, but I'm not completely disheartened by what I saw, irrelevant of the scoreline.

Edited by Liam

I do feel it’s always a bit of bad luck when newly promoted teams start the season against clubs which really should beat them, I imagine it can really effect a player mentally given the media surrounding the opening fixtures.

On the other hand, 15-0 to Liverpool today, Salah scores them all with assists by Trent and Robertson for the FPL