Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

17 minutes ago, Hobo said:

There were moments in that game where it was clear that these are the best two sides in england. Even with liverpool missing key players.

Theres just been a maelstrom of issues for liverpool this year. Injuries, COVID, aiming to defend the league title in a league where it's almost impossible to do so, while having done 2 90pts sessions back to back.

How are we working that one out with Liverpool in 4th? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

How are we working that one out with Liverpool in 4th? 

1 minute ago, Colly said:

They did win the league at a canter six months ago, I don't think it's too bold a claim.

Pretty much this.

City and Liverpool have been the top two sides in the league for 2 years running. I don't think it's a stretch to say they are still the two best sides in the division even if one of them is underperforming.

52 minutes ago, Kyle. said:

Absolutely atrocious own goal by Chelsea there. :lol:

At least Rudiger made up for it a bit by playing his defensive heart out afterwards. Just lucky that the scoreline didn't stay level for long, really.

That was such a frustrating game. However, if you'd told us we'd get a total of 3 pts from Man U , Man C and Chelsea we'd have probably bitten your arm off (and assumed three draws).  Need a least a point at West Ham next, then a win against Fulham to still have a shot at anything. 

2 hours ago, MadJack said:

Are we sure that Liverpool are underperforming or have they for the past two years have been overperforming? :shifty:

Either way. A Champions League win and finishing 2nd place followed by and a title win whilst pissing the league, I'll take that 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Either way. A Champions League win and finishing 2nd place followed by and a title win whilst pissing the league, I'll take that 

With a Champions League runners up and 2nd place the season before that as well.

• Like 1

At least it’s City winning the league, they’re the only real competition for a fully functioning Liverpool team.

The annoying thing is, out come the wolves, Liverpool are clearly in a slump, before this, they were top of the league.

They are fatigued, missing key players in key positions, playing with a makeshift defence meaning a makeshift midfield.

Are Liverpool in the same position without these injuries? I doubt it, but here we are.

Just run the season out, try and make top 4 and start again next season.

btw

that Man Citys first win at Anfield since 2003

The teams on that day:

Liverpool: Dudek, Carragher, Traore, Hyypia, Riise, Diouf (Heskey 78 yellowcard.gif), Hamann yellowcard.gif (Cheyrou 78), Gerrard, Murphy, Owen, Baros.

Subs Not Used: Arphexad, Diao, Biscan.

Man City: Schmeichel, Dunne yellowcard.gif, Sommeil, Distin, Wright-Phillips, Barton, Benarbia, Horlock yellowcard.gif, Jensen, Fowler, Anelka.

Subs Not Used: Nash, Macken, Jihai, Bischoff, Belmadi.

3 hours ago, Tigerstyle said:

At least it’s City winning the league, they’re the only real competition for a fully functioning Liverpool team.

The annoying thing is, out come the wolves, Liverpool are clearly in a slump, before this, they were top of the league.

They are fatigued, missing key players in key positions, playing with a makeshift defence meaning a makeshift midfield.

Are Liverpool in the same position without these injuries? I doubt it, but here we are.

Just run the season out, try and make top 4 and start again next season.

I swear I'm not anti Liverpool...but didn't Villa win 7-2 when Liverpool had a fully fit squad? 

I just don't think we're looking at the same beast that we've seen for the last few years. Teams drop off, or just need a bit of refreshment. It happens. 

Obviously the injuries have been bad, but clearly I'm just not getting the way we're talking about them right now. 

Edited by Jimmy

35 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I swear I'm not anti Liverpool...but didn't Villa win 7-2 when Liverpool had a fully fit squad? 

I just don't think we're looking at the same beast that we've seen for the last few years. Teams drop off, or just need a bit of refreshment. It happens. 

Obviously the injuries have been bad, but clearly I'm just not getting the way we're talking about them right now. 

Alisson was out, but I think that’s about it. 

What a fun game that was, by the way. 

• Haha 1